Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Meatless Mondays - Tools - Ricer and Potatoes



Product Details  
 I don't use my ricer enough.  It works beautifully and I end up with a beautiful pile of little pieces.  I have to admit, they turn into mashed potatoes, which I could have made with a masher but I love using this.

The ricer works quickly.  I place whole small potatoes into the ricer and instantaneously, with a hard squeeze, I had my potatoes, ready for what will come next. I was making both mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes to please everyone, at the table, and used this tool for both. It took me a few minutes and I was ready to add the extras.

For the white potatoes, I browned up mushrooms and onions, adding a little soup, the last few minutes.  For the sweet potatoes, nothing is usually needed but I decided a few spoonfuls of maple syrup could do no harm and lots of good.

If I was not in a rush, I would have made ice cream scoop size balls out of these mixtures.  I was in a rush.  This is part of the prep work for Passover (Pesach).  You will note the aluminum foil pans, rather than my beloved baking dishes.  I used to use aluminum for everything until I received my baking differences, in a variety of sizes and I now happily do the extra wash, and go to oven to table with my food.

We are living on plastic plates through next week, until the holiday arrives and then we use my pretty Pesach china.  There is something special about using completely different, pots, pans, dishes and flatware for the one week.   

Progressive International Adjust-A-Slice and Julienne MandolinEach year, I buy myself, a new gadget to make cooking easier.  This year, I got a mandolin.  Without exaggeration, we use more food in this week, than about a month during the year.  Lots of guests and different food makes a huge difference.  This will speed up the slicing and also juliennes.  I am looking forward to the difference it makes.





Now for My Meatless Mondays and what we had, last week. 
Lucky Rainbow Pudding | www.pinkrecipebox.com 
The beauties are from the Pink Recipe Box.   This is one of the prettiest dishes, I have come across.

 
These cauliflower wraps are ingenious .  Check them out at Aubree Cherie's/
Wow!  I am a cheese lover and this is for anyone who likes cheese.  The Ultimate Cheesy Tater Broccoli Casserole from Salted Nuts

Ready - Set - Go --- It is your turn to link up and make us all happy.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! A ricer is one of those many cooking gadgets that I don't use often. Mostly when I make gnocchi (which isn't too often) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my rainbow pudding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my ricer! Thanks for hosting another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about ricers, I think I may need to have one :) This week I've shared a Broccoli Pesto Macaroni Cheese. Thank you for hosting, and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use my ricer religiously for mashed potatoes. If not they are much denser, not fluffy like most people like mashed potatoes. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.