Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Roasted Tomato Omelet - Donna Hay


Our Donna Hay cooking group is back in business with a wonderful omelet that could be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I chose to make it our last meal of the day.  You can find the recipe on Donna's site.

Bacon is not a kosher food so I subbed in some roast turkey pieces.  I browned them a bit before using them.  This recipe is simply roasting the tomatoes for about ten minutes and making the meat and then the egg, topping it with the tomatoes and I used parsley instead of  arugula.  We liked it and I see variations to make in the future.  I think spinach would be a great addition.  Sausage could be used in place of the turkey.

Check out my fellow Donna Hay fans and see what they have done with this recipe.
Kayte

6 comments:

  1. Looks good and the turkey sounds like a nice substitution and addition. Gaye and I had actually made this before you and Margaret had joined us in cooking and caught it only a few days ago...good thing as I think it was a nice recipe for you to get a chance to make. Mine will post in a couple of hours when it is officially Wednesday here! Nice job on the photo for this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sub of turkey. And the sausage, too. A nice lite meal any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your omelette looks great Chaya! I think almost any meat could be subbed in here - or no meat at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.