Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One for All & All for One


I have not made dinner for a while.  My husband has been doing the cooking and he has been doing a great job of it.  He returned to work today and I returned to the kitchen. 

Since, I am still not feeling well,  I made an executive decision, to go shopping and buy something easy for dinner.  One pound of honey roasted turkey later, and ingredients from home, ended up being a credible dinner.

This is a two pot dinner, the pasta being made separately.  The determination for ingredients, was my well stocked refrigerator.  I also opened one of the boxed soups from Hurricane Sandy.  Then, it was pure fun time.  I used my mandolin for slicing since I had no desire to chop and slice.  It appeared quickly and most importantly with little effort. 

One for All and All for One

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions, thin  sliced with mandolin
1/2 pound mushrooms, thin sliced
1 medium sweet potato, thin sliced with mandolin
2 cups spinach
1 cup mushroom soup
1 pound honey roasted turkey, cut into strips
2 cups cooked noodles

Method:

Heat oil in large skillet.
Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.  Add sweet potato slices and cook for additional 4 minutes.
Add chicken strips and mix together.
Serve either on top of noodles or on the side with some of the mushroom gravy on top.
Add mushroom soup and spinach and heat for about 3 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. A healthy and delicious meal.
    I eat most of time the lunch leftover for the dinner ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.