Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Meatless Mondays

 
Baking With Bubby

Children baking with grandmothers is bonding experience.  Since my children have been blessed with multiple children, baking with Granny (Bubby) is quite an experience.  If I bake with the little ones, it means at least three children sharing the responsibilities.  It means, each one getting a turn to stand on the step stool.  It means, each child mixing, each child getting ingredients out, each child pouring (not in this order) and each child shaping cookies and putting them on the cookie sheets.  Strangely, it does not mean children covered with flour.  Bubby is covered with flour  but the kids are clean.  

When I was younger baking with kids meant everyone just a little more soiled but now, I find the children are inherently neat.  No fun.  There is something wonderful about digging in and wearing a little of the creation.  There is fun in cleaning up messy counters and even the floor.  It is fun because is is the grandkids.

No, I am not a dirt magnet.  I just want to forget for 30 minutes, that it is good to be neat and organized and just enjoy the moments.

What was cookin' last week?


Spinach and Feta Quiche from Meatless Mediterranean

Pull Apart Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Sugar from Secrets of a Southern Kitchen

What will you bring to the table, this week?  


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Chaya ! Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much for featuring my Polenta Pizza. I'm sure this was just an oversight so I hate to say anything. Please remember to add the link for it so people can click on the link to find it easier. I require that for others to use my pictures. If you need it, the link is http://acozyplacecalledhome.blogspot.com/2012/12/polenta-pizza-with-tomatoes-mushrooms.html

    I'll be sure to include your blog with a link to this post in a "thank you" post I do once or twice a month to thank everyone who featured me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, Chaya.

    Sorry I haven't joined in for a while - don't know where time has gone - anyway, kicking off the new year I'm bringing you two posts this week - sour chickpeas and a refreshing watermelon and feta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this week I have shared my healthy 1 ingredient sweetener that can be added to any recipe and 15 quick and easy green smoothie recipes to kick off your healthy eating at the start of this year:

    http://www.greenthickies.com/date-paste-recipe
    http://www.greenthickies.com/recipes/green-smoothie-recipes/

    Many thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chaya, it is so fun to bake with kids... My daughter is 11 and likes to "do it herself" right now. Oh, well she'll get over that. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time for me to refuel. Your page made me hungry. smiles.
    Happy New Year! Wishing you many wonderful days to come. Best, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the image of you baking with the little ones and you being the one covered in flour! Thanks for hosting Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Chaya, thanks so much for featuring my monkey bread recipe from last week! I appreciate the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.