Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Vegetable Tortilla Wrap


Since my husband was diagnosed as having celiac, the only wraps, I could find were these little ones, about 5 or 6 inches big.  While, they served a purpose, we were limited in what we could put into them.  I was overjoyed, when one day, I came across a site that had full-sized tortillas made gluten-free and I immediately ordered two packages.

Tonight, when I asked my husband what he was in the mood for, he said, "A wrap......a wrap."  When I asked what he wanted in his wrap, he was stuck, which is understandable since wraps have not been part of our lives for two decades.  So I had the fun of making this decision.  It is interesting at all the choices one has.  I knew, it was to be vegetable and cheese and I knew the cheese was going to be feta.

That is when the refrigerator got its chance to supply us with the vegetables.  Out came avocado, baby spinach, radishes, red pepper, scallions and carrots.  I used my mandolin to cut the carrots and radishes .

Vegetable Tortilla Wrap  -  this fills one wrap
 

Ingredients

1/2 mashed avocado
1  gluten-free tortilla
2 tablespoons thin sliced carrots
2 tablespoons Feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, torn into shreds
2 tablespoons thin sliced radish
1/2 red bell pepper, thin sliced


Method:


Spread mashed avocado over the tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edges.


Place baby spinach down in the middle of the open tortilla. Add other vegetables on top of the spinach.


Sprinkle feta cheese on top of vegetables.


Roll the tortilla up as tightly as possible. Cut in half crosswise and enjoy every bite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.