Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Salmon, Spinach and Bok Choy


I should have titled this, "The Salmon That Fell Apart" because that is what happened.  I decided to sear the salmon and when I went to turn it, it broke into pieces.  Oh goody, a challenge.

It is satisfying when I can take a disaster and turn it into a success.  I think this is a good example.  I simply turned this into a stir fry.  I sliced mushrooms, shallots, bok choy and tore up some spinach and after the salmon was completely cooked, I cooked the vegetables in a little olive oil and sesame oil.  I returned the salmon to the skillet  and mixed everything together.  We find salmon tasty enough without much added seasoning.  I am also a purist about bok choy.  I love it as it is.

I can't share a recipe.  I have only a vague idea of measurements.  I know that I used 2 salmon fillets and 2 small bok choy.  As a guess, I would say between 1 and 2 cups spinach, one shallot and about 1/2 dozen button mushrooms.

I don't think it matters.  I would suggest, if you like mushrooms, add more.  If spinach is a favorite, throw some more in.  Follow you own likes and cook it up in a large skillet.  You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice when disaster turns out to be a tasty dish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.