Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Meatless Mondays

I have been up to my ears in report cards.  I find this a challenging time of the year.  It is hard to give a grade showing both accomplishment and effort.

This year, my best students are the weakest ones.  They have great difficulty learning some of the easiest concepts but they put in time and effort.  The follow directions and for their potential, they are working up to it.  They are far superior to the student, blessed with intelligence, who puts little effort into his work and can pull high marks.

Grading them, with limited report cards, is almost impossible.  I can't give an A to the student  who works to potential because he is working two years below level.  On the other hand, he deserves recognition.  We have room for a few sentences and I try to portray the child in this limited space and it is not easy.

To make up for the time, I am putting into school work, I am throwing together easy and quick dinners.  One night, it was this mac and cheese.  I cooked the entire dish on top of the stove, including mixing in some crumbs for a bit of a crunch.  I found a tomato basil pepper jack cheese and added some goat cheese for a white cheese dish.  The taste was good and for a simple mac and cheese, this competes with some of the baked, more elaborate varieties.

I can't share a recipe since this was a "Put a little of this and little of that into dish" and I have no idea of amounts or even all the ingredients.

Let's see what you shared.

Linda made these unusual brownies that sound fabulous with the addition of cola soaked raisins.


The Real Food Forager has this wonderful squash recipe.  I love stuffing acorn squashes so this is an inspiration recipe, for me.
Post image for Recipe: Stuffed Spiced Acorn Squash GF

How about these Apples in a Blanket from the Make the Best of Everything?  They look scrumptious.


The holiday week has arrived.  Share what you are making or something you have already made.  Happy eating.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the feature, Chaya ! Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Sounds like you are an excellent teacher. I shared my spiced baked apples -- easy for company.

    Thanks for featuring my stuffed acorn squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting:)

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching is not always easy, but very rewarding. Your influence on these children is immeasurable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting!! Wishing you a safe and Merry Christmas with lots of good eats : )
    Xoxo,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.