Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Meatless Mondays - Spinach Shallot Side


I hope I am not boring you with spinach but it is a vegetable that can be used in almost anything.  It is good with meat, fish and poultry. Add it to a pasta dish.

Take some fresh spinach, add a dressing and some other vegetables and what a salad you get.  For a side dish, I can't imagine what you can't mix with spinach.

I added the bok choy stalks, shallots and tomatoes with a little bit of dressing and served it hot.  Yummy.

Thanks to Popeye.

Spinach Shallot Side

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, sliced thin
stems of two baby bok choy, sliced thin
4 cups fresh spinach, torn
1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar, honey or maple syrup (optional)

  Method:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add shallots.  Cook for five minutes on medium heat.  Add bok choy and cook for another minute.

Mix tomatoes with vinegar and sweetening.

Add spinach to mix in skillet.  Add the tomatoes and gently mix together.  Heat for 2 minutes or until hot.  It can be eaten warm or cold, as well.

Your turn:
I bet you want one of these Chocolate Peppermint Brownies from the Pink Recipe Box
How about Breakfast Enchiladas tomorrow from Sunshine and Stovetops

or Creme Brulee French Toast from My Turn.

Linked to Hearth and Soul

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my Creme Brulee French Toast!!!! I was so excited when I received your email today:) I can't wait to go brag on Facebook!!! And grab your button for my Featured page!!
    Hope you have a Very Happy New Year!!

    If you get a chance stop by. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes and I have teamed up to host Lets Get Social Sunday for all to share their social sites (and their blogs) to meet new friends and gain more followers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year thanks for a great party all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family a fabulous New Year!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a blessed New Year! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That spinach looks so refreshing! Happy New Year by the way:)

    Already your follower. I am also inviting you to join my store's first giveaway event: http://thequietmom.com/blog/tdhs-1st-giveaway.

    You may also hop other blog hoppers here where yours is listed as well: http://brickn.com/bloghops/monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my breakfast enchiladas! I just got home from vacation and was so excited to read your comment!!
    Much love for the new year!
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, spinach is incredibly versatile, and so very tasty too! Your salad looks really fresh and delicious, and I like the balsamic vinegar in the dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.