Sunday, December 9, 2012

My meatless Mondays - Butternut Sweethearts


I like butternut squash or almost any squash because of its versatility.  You can be roast, toast puree for a soup, or mashed it, for starters.  It can be served as part of a casserole, bread, and muffin.  Then, there are the ways, creativity plays a part.  These little sweethearts are a delight to the palate and nothing is added but finely chopped nuts and cranberries.

Butternut Sweethearts

Ingredients:

1 butternut squash
1 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake squash until it is soft.  I microwaved it for about 20 minutes until it was the right consistency.

Mash squash in a medium bowl.  Add nuts and cranberries combine.

Using a cookie scoop for consistent size, make balls out of  squash and nuts.

If you want, you can use another  cup of ground nuts to coat these with.  Pour nuts on a plate and roll squash in them until coated.

Place on baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy.

Looking back:


Annie's Yummy Snack


Potato Pie from Dancing Carrots
Vegetarian Potato Pot Pie recipe for dinner

Chocolate Mint Truffles from Tessa, the Domestic Diva



Your turn.  Thanks for sharing with us.
Linked to Sweet Saturday

11 comments:

  1. I am too a huge fan of all the pumpkins/squashes. These look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking with Butternut - your recipe looks delicious! Thanks for hosting, Chaya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya, hope you're going to have a fabulous week ahead & also a wonderful holiday season. Happy Meatless Monday.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hanks for the feature Chaya! I love winter squash too...so many darn options and good for you too! I used butternut in the date sweetened brownies I shared today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this week I have shared my fantastic 1 ingredient healthy caramel recipe. You won't believe how easy this is! I have also shared a great collection of Christmas gifts for health lovers.

    http://www.greenthickies.com/how-to-make-caramel-syrup-honey-sugar-free-vegan
    http://www.greenthickies.com/14-unique-christmas-gifts-for-health-nuts

    Thank you for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic squash recipe, simple & delicious! Thanks Chaya for the sweet words. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squash bites and the grapes are so adorable and I love how healthy they are too. Thanks for the party Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting Chaya! What a fun idea with the butternut sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! This week I'm sharing my recipe for Guilt-Free Pecan Pie Cookies (grain free & vegan).

    Have a great week!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great squash recipe. Love the combo of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THREE ingredients. I could really get behind this one. LOVE butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.