Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crustless Tomato Pie - Paula Deen


 This is from yesterday's dinner and I was hoping, there would be some left for my lunch today. Alas, there was not.  On the bottom of the post is the salad, I "settled" on. 

Crustless Tomato Pie (adapted from Paula Deen)

Ingredients:

4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon basil, minced
1/2 cup chopped  onion
1 cup grated mozzarella
1 cup grated cheddar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper

Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Grease a pie pan.

Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pie pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

To serve, cut into slices and serve warm.(it is hard to keep the shape without the crust.



Above is today's lunch, a yummy salad with goat cheese, spinach, cukes and tomatoes.  I added a little garlic vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon sugar.  Just right for me.  I do munch on Corn Cakes  (like Rice Cakes).

3 comments:

  1. Made this last week and it was amazing! I stopped by the farmer's market today for more tomatoes for MORE PIE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last week, and it was amazing! I stopped by the farmer's market for more tomatoes to make MORE PIE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.