Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chewy Brownie Cookies





Baking for grandkids is a blast. We have most of our grandchildren coming over for Chanukah and this Bubby is excited. I want to see each one, from the youngest to the oldest. For those who can't make it, we will miss you and I miss you already.

Grandchildren means I have a reason to bake cookies. This one is just right for the young and old. My first batch when I made a smaller cookie, although good, were not as chewy as the outrageous larger cookies which were soft and chewy and filled with chocolate chips.

Chewy Brownie Cookies

2/3 cup butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon water

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 


 

Method: 


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .


Beatmargarine and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. 


Beat in one egg until completely incorporated. Beat in last egg along with vanilla extract and water. 

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended; fold in chocolate chips. 

Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. (I used the tablespoon sized cookie scoop for the larger batch and cooked it for the 9 minutes.  The smaller cookies, I left in the oven for 7 minutes.)
 

Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

Eat and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I love chewy chocolate cookies and yours look perfect with those chocolate chips. I also love cooking with my grandchildren, especially cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I bet your grandkids are having a blast for sure! These cookies sound perfect for any kid. I'm looking forward to when my grandson is old enough to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for my granddaughter to be just a little older so we can make cookies together. And these will be on mylist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.