Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Apricot French Toast Rounds




I have the huge Bon Appetit cookbook, the kind that probably has a thousand recipes in it. I have this for Gourmet and Martha also. I don't usually like these nor do I use them. They are simply a book filled with recipes, one after the other, no commentary, no options, just recipes. Of course, this does not mean, these are not good recipes. I am sure, most of them are.

Today, I decided, I wanted to make French Toast for lunch so I pulled out Bon Appetit and checked out the appropriate recipes. I took two, a baked marmalade and a fried berry banana French Toast and came up with a third version, a fried Apricot French Toast.

Apricot French Toast

Ingredients:

4 slices white bread


2 teaspoons apricot jam                                      


1 tablespoon of butter

1 egg

1/4 cup whipping cream

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Method:

Take a 2 or 3 inch round cookie cutter and press it into each piece of bread, removing the rounds. Put aside.

In medium bowl, beat egg and cream until mixed. Add vanilla and cinnamon.

In a large skillet, melt  butter.

While the butter is melting, spread apricot jelly on two bread rounds. Cover with the other two rounds. Dip into egg mixture in bowl. Let stand for a minute on each side.

Skillet should be heated by now. Place sandwiches on skillet and allow to brown. Turn over and cook the other side until lightly browned.

Place on plate with maple syrup or a dab of sour cream with brown sugar.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Chaya, It's been a long long time! I hope you're well. Just stopped by to say hi.
    THis is a pretty simple idea for a breakfast - so easy and sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.