Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweet Potato Puffs

It is Improv time again, thanks to Kristin of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
This month the challenge is to cook with sweet potato and honey.  My first reaction was, "too simple" and came up with this very simple puff.  Then, I played some more and came up with a delicious chicken and sweet  potatoes in a honey dressing which was one of the best chicken dishes, I have eaten.

The combination of vanilla, honey and cinnamon, in this recipe is delightful and I use it, in other dishes.

Vanilla Sweet Potato Puffs

Ingredients
4 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey

Method:
Heat 4 cups of water in large saucepan.
When water is boiling, add sweet potatoes and cook 20  - 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
Peel and mash sweet potatoes.  Add remaining ingredients.
Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
With an ice cream scoop, make balls of the sweet potato mixture.
If you would like, you can roll these in nuts for a fancier and crunchier presentation.


5 comments:

  1. These would be perfect ringed around the turkey! (& yes! roll mine in pecans!)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Various cooking class is available hear ,you can learn various cooking style by reading this book .Really I am very much benefited to purchase this book ,some days ago I was very I can’t prepare my daily meal but now i prepared daily meal without any problem and reduse the time, so suggest you to collect this book hear,you can see about this book
    Please visit this link
    http://www.facepack.in?a_aid=shuvo701

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vanilla with the other flavors sounds wonderful, delicious sounding recipe.

    My sweet potato & honey recipe: Sweet Potato Glass Noodles with Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recipe! I would roll mine in pecans because I would like the crunch. Perfect for Turkey Day! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so much more than just mashed sweet potatoes. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.