Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Corn and Tomato Saute


I am ready to challenge myself again and share my brunches, each day, or whenever I am eating, at home.  In general, they will be quick and easy dishes, due to my busy schedule and I am hoping, they will be equally as delicious as easy.

Yesterday, I had the best potato corn patties.  The recipe will post in Bizzy Bakes, later today.  I guess, I am still on a corn kick since I made this sauteed corn dish.  In season, certainly fresh corn can be used.  Right now, those tall stalks have disappeared from the New York landscape.  We have to wait for warm weather to have these fresh vegetables.

There is nothing like fresh corn.  You pick them and place in boiling water for a minute or two and then take a bite into these sweet golden cobs.  That is one of the special treats in our world.

Sauteed Corn and Tomatoes

Ingredients :


1 cup  frozen corn
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 sprig of parsley, chopped


Method:


In a medium skillet, heat olive oil.  Add the corn and saute until heated.  

Add tomato halves and cook another two minutes.

Add sugar and black pepper.  Gently mix in.

Transfer to a serving dish and top with chopped parsley.

Eat and enjoy.


This is one of those dishes that can be changed in the blink of an eye.  Add broccoli, green beans, black beans , onions or cheese and you have a more complex dish.  Remove the tomatoes and sub in green pepper.  Just use your imagination. Have fun.

Linked to  Saturday Dishes

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting.