Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Soft Poached Eggs with Sweet Potatoes Hash Browns


I didn't think, I would have  time to cook with the groups, I am involved with, but I wanted badly to keep up with Wednesdays with Donna Hay.  At the last minute, I pulled out this week's recipe and realized, with a few changes, this was easy for me to make, in the midst of Passover preparation.

Margaret of Tea and Scones chose Soft Poached Eggs with Sweet Potato Hash Browns.  I broke this down in my head and realized, there were two items, I did not have.  One was asparagus which hubby does not eat and the other was sour cream for the topping.  What was left was an easy recipe sweet potato cakes with a soft boiled egg on top.  Actually, I cooked mine longer so it would not be soft boiled which is not our favorite.  I, also served a few plain and ended up planning to make them for a side dish, for the holiday.

When I make them again, I plan to bake them, rather than fry them.  Mine were not cooking in the middle so I put them in the oven while the egg cooked.  The few minutes there finished the perfectly.  I would like to see how they come out, only baked, missing the browning and crisping of the fry.  I think, it will still be good.

Thanks to Margaret for a good choice.   Please see what Margaret and Gaye thought of this dish.

Cast Party Wednesday   
This Week's Cravings

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious.I haven't tried sweet potato hash browns yet, but I know I'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dish looks great with its sunny side up eggs. The sauce and asparagus are definitely optional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it. I loved the crispy pancake with the soft egg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe is being featured on Today's Menu and Party Round Up from Cast Party Wednesday #35! http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=27243
    Please come by and grab a "featured" button! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us! ---Sheryl---

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.