Saturday, April 7, 2012

Since I am Offline................

I am leaving this recipe which was posted in Bizzy Bakes, a few days ago.  It got so many views that I thought, it should be shared.  My present to you because I appreciate each and every one of you.



There are a few staples of Passover and they are called potatoes, potatoes, and potatoes.  Then you look again and you see egg, eggs, eggs and onions.  Everything else, in my opinion, is secondary.  As a result, I have already made several potato recipes and I love them.  Yep, I am a potato fan.

This recipe probably is like a knish filling made in a muffin tin.  It makes nice individual size servings which would be loved by any child or adult.

Knish in a Cup


Ingredients:


 1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups mashed potatoes (4 large potatoes)
2 eggs
3/4 cup potato starch
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup onions, chopped
3/4 cup red pepper, chopped small
3/4 cup carrots, chopped small.


Method:

Preheat oven to375 degrees.

Mix mashed potatoes with eggs, potato starch, salt & pepper.
In a large skillet, , in olive oil, fry vegetables for about 5 minutes until softened. 
Add veggies to mashed potato mixture.   Mix thoroughly by hand.
Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop the mixture into a muffin tin.  Fill as many cupcake tins, as necessary.
Place in 375 degree oven and bake 20 - 25 minutes or until slightly browned.


Linked to Makin' You Crave Monday     Real Food Wednesday     Cast Party Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make these. A million thank you's for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! We're definitely going to try this - likely after Passover. My mom makes something similar using matza farfel, but I tend to avoid it as I'm not a fan of most matza-based foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy these day. If you look down a few recipe, you will find another one, you might like to make.

      Delete
  3. These looks wonderful! We are potatoes fans as well, especially my kids, they would love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to give minis to the children.

      Delete
  4. Yum! I have leftover ham. I might chop some into these and make them a meal with a nice salad. Thank!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.