Savory Avocado Torte adapted
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 ripe, fresh California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup Rice Dream
- ¼ cup Tofutti cream cheese
- ¼ cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin,
1/4 teaspoon salt - needs more
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, whip the eggs until fluffy, approximately three minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the mixture throughout a 9" round cake pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 300˚ F for 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Slice and serve warm.
We liked the flavor of the dish but found it a bit heavier than we wanted. I would like to try this with egg whites instead of whole eggs.
|Caramelized Onion Quiche from My Judy the Foodie|
|Spring Millet and Barley Salad from Everyday Vegan Girl|
Linked to Inspire me Monday