Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Potato Cabbage Pea Stir Fry



I am pretty sure, you can relate to my experience.  It was an afternoon like all others and I was visiting some of my favorite blogs.  I got Day to Day Recipes and Nupur had posted a potato recipe.  Just the word potato is enough to get my attention but potatoes with peas and cabbage......too much to endure.  

I didn't care what I had planned for dinner we were having this stir-fry.  

For the original recipe, go to Nupur's.  I modified it a little.

Potato-Cabbage-Pea Stir-fry

Ingredients:

2 cups shredded cabbage (I buy it already shredded in the bag.)
1 cup green peas
2 medium potatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon oil

Method:

Heat oil in a pan.
Add potato and peas and mix well. Cook covered for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Then add cabbage and cook covered for next 3-4 min stirring in between. If it gets sticky, sprinkle some water over it, and keep the flame low.
When its almost done, add all the spices and cook covered for 2 min. Turn off the flame.


Enjoy.

 Hearth and Soul      Pennywise Platter Thursdays   Full Plate Thursdays       Foodie Friday   Wednesday Cast Party       GCC Recipe Swap

8 comments:

  1. This does sound delicious! We are still trying to watch our calories and I bet it is a low cal side dish. I am trying it soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would have loved being invited to your dinner!!! :-)

    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not normally a cabbage fan, but this actually looks and sounds pretty good. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I with Adelina about cabbage but this truly looks good and super healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spices in this, and turmeric is so good for you too! This stir fry sounds just delicious. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will be sharing a recipe with us again this week on our Foodie Friday linky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is perfect for my kids breakfast because they love eating potatoes especially when it have lots of tasty ingredients. I will now copy this and made this tomorrow for them. Thanks for sharing!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.