Friday, March 9, 2012

Brown Rice Apple Salad - Tyler Florence



How many of you remember Tyler Florence Fridays?  That was a happy cooking time, for me.  I discovered a ton of new recipes from Tyler and we ate them with relish. (not the kind  you can touch)  When his recipes were no longer shared weekly, I missed his guidance but went on and put Tyler, on the back burner.  I really don't think, he belongs there.  I should be keeping my Tyler cookbooks in the kitchen so they will be more readily available, when I need a super recipe.


Today, I fell into this recipe when I searched for a brown rice with apple recipe.  I made a smaller amount than the recipe called for and I added some orange zest.


Brown Rice Salad with Apples

Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence - adapted slighty
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked brown rice
  • Granny Smith Apple, diced
  • 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup pecan pieces
  • 1 tablespoon orange zest
  • 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper

Method:


In a mixing bowl, combine cooked rice with all other ingredients. Toss mixture lightly. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

11 comments:

  1. We love brown rice and apple, so this gottabe good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new side dishes. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combo of flavors. I enjoy Tyler also, he's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1st the granny smith apples; then the apple cider vinegar & the lemon juice, and not to forget the orange zest too,what a refreshing dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyler Florence Fridays! I remember that! I didn't participate since i was fairly new to blogging and didn't know what was what. But I read each and every week. Love his recipes. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is wonderful article ! I simply love’d it !
    busana muslim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried apple with brown rice, but it sounds like a nice combination of ingredients. I've never really cooked too much from Tyler Florence, but I must check out a few of his recipes.

    Thanks for sharing this at Cookbook Sundays.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe looks great! I would love if you linked-up this post to my blog hop giveaway for a chance to win a cookbook prize package: RecipeLion Giveaway

    Spread the word to your friends. The more the merrier! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.