Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Meatless Mondays - Apple Fritters








I saw this recipe on Mom Trends,  a truly fantastic site with all kinds of goodies, in many interesting areas, for all of you.  In the food section was this recipe for apple fritters, except that the one there had an icing on the fritters which would not work, with my family.  I made just the fritter with large chunks of apple and it was a huge success.  Stop by Mom Trends to see the really delicious "Amazing Apple Fritter".

Apple Fritters

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon Canola oil                                       
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture
1/2 cup Sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Apple Sauce
1 large apple, cut into good sized chunks
1 egg
1/4 cup Rice Dream

Method:

In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients with the Rice Dream, egg and apple sauce. Once well mixed, fold in the diced apples.

In a large frying add canola oil. Heat until oil is hot.

Add 1/4 cup of batter to the hot oil.

Fry for approximately 2 minutes and then flip and continue to cook the other side for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the fritters to a wire rack to drain excess oil.


Serve with maple syrup or jelly.


Let's look back to last week and see what we could choose from.


My Skinny Tale wrote a great article to help us eat healthily, Super Foods to the Rescue.



Roasted Eggplant and Basil from Beyond the Peel is calling my name.



Then we have Creamy Caprese Pasta from My Road to Savings



Last but not at all least are these Red Chili Enchiladas from MJ's Kitchen.  For more chili recipes, she has a series for you to select from so what are you waiting for. Get over there and enjoy.





Pancakes are always good for My Meatless Mondays.  Other foods, we like to have on Mondays are cheesy dishes such as Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Soups Galore, Egg Dishes and Fish.  What about you.  Share on our linky so we can expand our horizons.


31 comments:

  1. These look just wonderful. I had to comment because I'm definitely going to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get to make them because they are good. We enjoyed them with a little syrup.

      Delete
  2. I'm off to check my pantry as I want these for dinner tonight. Great looking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I wasn't kidding when I said I was off to check my pantry to make these. I just made your apple fritters using what I had in the pantry and subbing applesauce for the egg (Maisie can't have egg, dairy or wheat) and these are a big hit. I'll be posting about them soon and sharing the linky love. Thanks for a great recipe and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you did make these. They are good and using applesauce is a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  4. Oh how yummy, Chaya! I love apple fritters so much. They're such comfort food for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could get together in one of your photos and eat a dish of these. I will be visiting soon to see your latest pics. You are amazing.

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    I shared a recipe Valentine Day Linzer Hearts. Also, I tried to answer the question: are grains toxic or safe?

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to visit and get this recipe. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Hey Chaya, Happy Meatless Monday! Hope you are all well. Have a great week ahead, dear.
    Cheres, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy, I am always happy when I see you here or when I visit you. You are such a cheery person.

      Delete
  7. Chaya,
    Your gluten free apple fritters look especially delcious. We just love anything with cooked apple and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, I am a tremendous fan of apple and cinnamon in almost anything.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for hosting! I posted my yummy cultured ketchup recipe full of healthy probiotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to make more condiments. You may have just led me on the right path.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for hosting! I shared my recipe for falafel and tzatziki. Great for those avoiding grains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two interesting recipes. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for hosting, Chaya! I'm sharing a list of 10 Whole Food Blogs You Need To Follow. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested in these blogs. Thanks for making it easier for us to access good information.

      Delete
  11. thank you for featuring me! your apple fritters look delicious and I'm sure my kiddos would love them. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to feature your recipe. Thanks for sharing it so we can all enjoy.

      Delete
  12. We love apple fritters, but I've never had homemade, or made them myself. I look forward to trying your recipe - it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, if you get to make them, please let us know so we can share in the results. These are pleasers.

      Delete
  13. Ok those apple fritter are pinned...YUM! Love it! i shared a kale recipe and a great low fat high protein peanut butter snack! thanks Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said the magic words, peanut butter. I am the person who could eat it out of the jar. Fortunately, I have some self control.

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for featuring my enchiladas! They are so good! Your apple fritters look delicious! Going to have to give those a try. Thanks for hosting this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for featuring my Caprese Pasta! I am definitely pinning your apple fritters. They sound so good and I can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting! Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would so love to have these apple fritters for breakfast tomorrow - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's taken me a week but I finally got my post up about making your apple fritters and I shared the linky love here: Apple Pancakes on Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.