Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Meatless Mondays - Cranberry Nut Coffee Cake


This is a muffin recipe from allrecipes.com that I baked in a square pan and made into a cake.  I made my own topping for this cake. My husband's evaluation: "Don't lose that recipe."  His usual response, "It is good."


Cranberry Nut Muffin Cake
Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups gluten-free flour mixture
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup cup dried cranberry-raisins Craisins



TOPPING:
1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 teaspoon canola oil (more if necessary)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees  Grease an 8 inch square pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Fold in sour cream. 
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. 
Pour into 8 inch square pan.
Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cake.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 - 35 minutes or until cake tests done. 
Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.  

This is one of those days.  I had completed My Meatless Mondays and all that information disappeared.  I hope I can re-create it here.  Bear with me, please.
My Skinny Tale
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad from Blissful Bites

Broccoli Salad from Self Sagacity

I am sure you are hungry looking at these.  I know, I am.  Make us more hungry by sharing your meatless recipes.
The Grocery Cart Challenge
Linked to Show Your Stuff        Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits

17 comments:

  1. Oooh, the color of the cranberries really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cake, the kind the I always like to eat.
    It's a great combination - cranberry and nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cranberries and this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my sweet potato & black bean salad!! it really is a winning combination :) I can't wait to share more meatless recipes with you.
    and p.s. - your cranberry cake looks so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cranberry coffee cake looks delicious! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this lovely coffee cake with us here and at The Gallery of Favorites. I have been looking for recipes which use dried cranberries and raisins in them recently and this one looks fantastic. Thank you for hosting. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, yum. I love anything with cranberries. That recipe looks like a winner. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. coffee cake is one of my favorites, especially the cinnamon type toppings. Great gluten free recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have inadvertently deleted more than one post, and GRRR, it is SO MADDENING! I am sorry it happened to you too!

    This week I shared a favorite condiment that is ridiculously easy to make: mayonnaise!

    I also shared a healthier treat that is loaded with protien: Sugar Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies.

    Thanks for hosting yet another week! I always look forward to checking out the submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cranberry nut coffee cake looks so good. I have one kid who is crazy about cranberries but oddly he won't eat cake. I bet he'd try this though.
    Thanks for the linkup. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years...love finding these meatless recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coffee cake looks delicious. My husband loves coffee cake!

    I'm sharing 10 Whole Food Snacks That You Can Pack. Who doesn't need more healthy snack ideas, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks some good. I love cranberries! Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This must have been EXTRA superb if the husband made that comment then! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bizzy (that is your name right, hehe )

    YAY,,, I made it over to link up to your party, I'm so excited!!
    Thanks for hosting!

    Have a WONDERFUL day my friend!!
    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a couple new series I'm pretty excited about!!
    Hope you can give me some feedback!!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella Before and After
    Euro Style Cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for a good coffee cake recipe and this sounds delicious. Thanks for hosting here.

      Delete
  15. Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-13-chocolate-cover.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.