Friday, February 17, 2012

Chinese Noodle Cookies - Bon Appetit

   Snap your fingers - Voila - a treat.  You could not get much easier than this recipe and kids seem to love it.  Adults do too but I make these for the kids.


1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
5 ounces chow mein noodles
2/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)


I made these for my class and I don't usually bring them nuts because of allergies, so I omitted the nuts but I do recommend putting them in for additional crunch.


Heat butterscotch chips in large bowl in the microwave.  Each microwave works differently.  Mine took about a minute at a medium level.


Stir in nuts and noodles.  Drop tablespoonfuls on the mix onto waxed paper on a cookie sheet.  


Allow to cool and set for approximately one hour.  
  Grocery Cart Challenge      Sweet Treat Thursdays

3 comments:

  1. I've had these before. They're so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's thinking out of the box. I'd never have thought of using chow mein noodles with butterscotch! Very creative indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tasted these cookies
    They look delicious

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.