Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Meatless Mondays - Hubby's Veggie Soup

I have a cold which is keeping me less than at full speed so Hubby made a delicious vegetable soup which is magical.  I must share it with you and just think, it is not chicken soup and it works.

Ta's Veggie's Soup   (made in crockpot)


Ingredients:


1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
3 cups water
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 celery ribs, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 medium onion,  chopped
2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup lentils


Method:


Hubby's method.  Throw it all in the pot.  Cover with additional water, if it is not covered, completely.  Say a prayer.  Turn pot on high and cook for 6 hours.  Turn down heat to low and leave until ready to eat which was about an hour.  


He gets bragging rights and deserves them.









Let's see what we can have with Hubby's Soup....
I love Michelle's Cheese Spread aka Mom's  Cheese Ball.   You will find this at Ms. enPlace.  Michelle is full of love and humor and I know you will all enjoy her and her musings.

Next, we happily have Food Corner's Rainbow Cupcake.  This is her version and different than the ones, I have seen.  It is a beauty.

Then, we go to a main course, Pumpkin Black Bean Enchilada from Veggie Converter.  If you want to learn how to cook without meat, this is the place to go for creative and tasty dishes.

Finally, Asparagus Risotto from Gluten Free Pantry.  Check her out for good recipes and great health information.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my enchiladas and for the kind words as always, Chaya. You've been such a great supporter through the year. I really appreciate it!

    Kristi @ Veggie Converter

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I'm sorry to hear about your cold; I've been getting frustrated with my colds this year. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! I shared a post on roasted vegetables, including quite a few ideas on how to use them such as homemade baby food

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!I am so happy to see that my post has been featured.What a great New year gift!!...Thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and thanks for hosting! Today I posted a fermented applesauce recipe full of wonderful probiotics.

    http://naturallivingsocal.blogspot.com/2012/01/fermenting-part-4-fermented-applesauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything that can be cooked in the crockpot, especially for busy mid-week nights, and I like your hubby's method!!

    I'm linking my Wild Rice, Black Cherry & Goat Cheese Salad.

    Happy new year, Chaya - so many best wishes to you for a much joy in 2012.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I shared my Black Bean and Roasted Vegetable Salad - a healthy start to the New Year! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Chaya! Your husband's veggie soup looks and sounds so yummy! I've shared my favorite veggie recipes from 2011. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had an amazing holiday season filled with love, family and friends. I know the whole cold thing puts a damper on things. Hope you get better soon.
    Thanks for hosting another great week. I'm sharing a recipe for Lazy Man's Polish Borscht.
    I will be hosting Whole Food Wednesdays at Beyond The Peel. I hope you'll join the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring my Asparagus Risotto recipe! I shared my Creamy Chocolate Milkshake (Dairy Free) this week.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hubby's soup sounds amazing! Love how it's made in a crockpot too...I need to use mine more! Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell you hubby that I really like his soup!
    And I have no doubt that with his soup you'll feel better very very soon
    I wish you and your family a wonderful year

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year everyone & Happy Meatless Monday! What a great start for year 2012. Looking forward for more from everyone. And you too, Chaya. Enjoy!
    Cheers
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The soup looks delicious! I also love your husband's approach to cooking :) Thanks for sharing this with Sunday Night Soup Night, look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the feature! I'm so far behind with blog reading.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The soup looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop, it is perfect for cold evenings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.