Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baked Lemon Salmon in Sour Cream Sauce - Improv


Today is the third Thursday and the Improv group, organized by Kristin of Frugal Antics of A Harried Housewife, is sharing recipes with lemon and sour cream.  Of course, my first reaction was a baked dessert but I decided, I wanted to change my ways, so to speak.  I am thrilled that I did.  This is a delicious way to make salmon.  The dill added to the lemon and sour cream give it additional life.

Baked Lemon Salmon in Sour Cream Sauce
Ingredients:
4 salmon fillets 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon very finely minced onion
 1/4 teaspoon salt
dash pepper    
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon additional lemon juice
Method:
Place salmon in a buttered baking dish. 
Combine lemon juice and onion.
Sprinkle a little over salmon fillets. 
Season with pepper. 
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
Remove from oven. 
Mix lemon juice and sour cream and spread sour cream over salmon. 
Sprinkle with fresh dill. 
Return to the oven for 3 minutes.
Serve with a green salad, cucumbers or tomatoes.

17 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to fish, but oh how this makes me wish that I could eat it! This reminds me of how my grandmother made it when I was younger and still able to eat salmon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful presentation and deliciously sounding dish! Found your blog through the challenge! Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so so good! i need to try this recipe i love fish and salmon is one of my favorite to eat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm always looking for fast seafood dishes, and this one looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore salmon and this looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! What a great recipe! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great improv idea! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, great minds do think alike! I like how you baked the salmon. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe reminds me of the wonderful salmon we used to eat in Seattle. That topping sounds fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply, yet elegant. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! I'm glad you went with a savory dish...me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a yummy idea for the challenge! I'd forgotten how much I love salmon with a sour cream dill sauce....mmmmmmmm. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We eat salmon every week, so I'm always looking for new recipes. I love how simple, yet flavorful this salmon is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from the ICC! My fork is stabbing at the computer screen and yet I'm unable to get a bite of your delicious salmon to pop onto it! OMG--so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This baked salmon sounds seriously yummy, Chaya! And what a beautiful photograph! Thank you for sharing this delicious post with the Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking your great post to FAT TUESDAY. This was very interesting! Hope to see you next week!

    Be sure to visit RealFoodForager.com on Sunday for Sunday Snippets – your post from Fat Tuesday may be featured there!
    http://realfoodforager.com/fat-tuesday-january-17-2012/

    Share your great fermented food recipes at my Probiotic Food Linky – open through Februray 6, 2012.
    http://realfoodforager.com/probiotic-food-challenge-linky/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your slamon looks mouthwatering delicious. Thansk for sharing your recipe with the Gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.