Monday, September 5, 2011

Hash Brown Cheesy Mufflettes

What do you mean?  You have never had a mufflette?????  Impossible.  How could it be, when they are so delicious?  Tell me, you are not serious.  You are.

OK.  I will share the recipe and you make it for yourselves.

I found the recipe that inspired me to make these, on a site. called Simply Potatoes, where you will find a great variety of recipes utilizing that special ingredient, potatoes.

I made a number of changes to make this just right for my family, a family of potato lovers.

Hash Brown Cheesy Mufflettes


Ingredients:
3 cups chopped potatoes to make has browns  (You can purchase a package, as well.)

  • 1/4 cup margarine, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
  • 3 - 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup vegetable broth
  • 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon basil
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/4 red pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar Cheese

Method:

Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 12-cup regular muffin cup pan; set aside. 


In medium bowl combine potatoes, margarine and salt; mix well. Add seasoning. Add cream cheese, broth and eggs and mix well.  


Mix in onion and red pepper.


 Fill each muffin cup equally. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out clean.

Jam Hands

Hearth & Soul Hop    WLW Linking Party
Workshop Wednesda

9 comments:

  1. Will definitely try these. What a great brunch idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...have never heard of them. But I'm glad I just did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am little confused about the directions here - am I supposed to bake the potato mixture in the muffin cups FIRST, and then mix all of the remaining ingredients together and add them to the cups and bake again? These look delicious...I want to make sure I get it right!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my but don't these sound and look delicious! Thanks for sharing. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of them either. My family would LOVE these. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound amazing! Thanks so much for linking them up at Muffin Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to make these! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, never heard of them either, but they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chaya, these mufflettes sound so good! I've never had a mufflette before, but I want to try these! I've chosen them as one of my highlights at the Hearth and Soul hop this week. Thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.