Monday, August 22, 2011

Brioche Loaves - TWD

For our weekly baking at Tuesdays with Dorie, Margie of Tea and Scones chose Golden Brioche Loaves on pages 48-50  of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.


I was thrilled at this pick, since I had chosen it for the other Dorie baking group, Baking With Dorie.  We will be doing it in October.  This gave me the opportunity to practice  and who cares about baking brioche twice?  It is a treat, especially for me.  We usually have only gluten-free bread in the house.  This loaf was just for me and some people who stopped by.


I am not a patient baker and that is my gripe with yeast breads or cakes.   I don't like the waiting for the rise.  I love making cookies because in ten - twenty minutes, I am tasting.  


This worked well for me except that my oven wasn't working correctly and I did not know it then.  I had been questioning its functionality because of some minor glitches but I didn't think very much of that until the top of this bread came our much too dark.  I couldn't figure it out.  Then the other day, when I baked cookies, and they burnt after a few minutes, I knew something indeed, was wrong.


The inside of my loaf was perfect and the top was not burnt, just dark.  It all tasted good.  I am looking forward to the opportunity to make this for the other group, as well.


Check out the LYL in Tuesdays with Dorie to see what other bakers have made.

6 comments:

  1. Your brioche has a beautiful crumb. Mine didn't rise but was delicious.
    thanks for baking with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so moist it is unbelievable! The picture speaks a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm, brioche .... It looks devine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks pretty good, although you think it's too dark. I posted the raisin snails and sticky buns that I had made previously. I didn't have time to make the loaves this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful looking bread. My oven is wearing out. I get annoyed when the oven messes with my baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this recipe-will definitely make it again and again with the different variations. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.