Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Meatless Mondays May 15

As a teacher, May 15 signals the end of the school year, approaching.  It is hard to believe how times does go by.  From September to now, I have done a lot of cooking, tried items that had scared me, in the past, developed my own new recipes, explored different chefs' cooking and got some new cooking items, that I love.  Each week, faithfully, I have posted My Meatless Mondays and in this school year, I have added so very many new recipes from all of you who have linked up here.

I thank you, with all my heart, for increasing the size of my meatless recipes which I enjoy,  I have also recognized how eating a lot less meat has led to more interesting cooking.  That interesting cooking is based on many of your recipes.  Linkys are fun for everyone but I find that having a linky on my blog, gives me access to these recipes, each time I log in.  They are reminders of the recipes, I want to make.  I owe all of you, big time.

Please keep those recipes coming so I can become a better cook and a healthier eater and so everyone can enjoy them.

Let's look back on last week's submissions.

This has to be an all time favorite for me because it has smoked salmon and potatoes and oh, it looks fabulous.

Salmon Quiche with Potato and Dill
Roasted Vegetable Pizza  
    












Pasta Gonzola with Asparagus and Peas 


18 comments:

  1. Because of Friday's quiche, I'm still in a quiche mood, so that salmon dill version looks very tasty right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas of meatless Mondays...thank you for sharing with me your up-dated ideas as well as those of your friends.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my Pasta Gorgonzola! I did link it up on my page, so let me know if you can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe I linked up as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I linked up my Irish soda bread. the post also has salmon Alfredo but i didn't was to put that in the title cause i didn't know if you classify fish with meat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm sharing an EASY Chocolate Mousse and the story of how I met my hubby when we were both in the Navy all those years ago.

    Have a GREAT week!!
    Denise @ Creative Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salmon Quiche with Potato and Dill---that looks and sounds extra YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chaya! I'm sharing my twist on Melanzane e Pomodori Al Forno. Literally, baked eggplant and tomato casserole, it's a lot more exciting than it sounds with lots of pasta and cheese - a really comforting meal. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just noticed that my soup said to use ground turkey, which is clearly not vegearian. I just changed it to optional. Oops! I made this awhile ago and didn't think it had meat when I chose for it to post today. I don't even SEE the ground turkey in it. I don't think it was even necessary, it was full of beans and veggies. My favoirite! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this opportunity. I've shared a warm garlic-bean mash and roast pumpkin sandwich, as well as an orange salad and jam-drop cookies. I was feeling nostalgic so I also shared some memories of my grandmother. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting! I added a recipe for homemade marshmallows! Have a great week =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting this link up party! I shared How to Make 5 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce in 5 Minutes for under $3.

    -Nancy @ www.realfoodallergyfree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea. I mean, I am meatless the whole year... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Meatless Mondays make my day, Chaya!!! You have done a wonderful job as have all the generous readers.

    Thank you so much for sharing...Congratulations on making it another year. I bet you are one heck of a teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea ~ one of the Grad sandwiches I did is meatless the other has salami but one could easily omit it. This is a great post considering my child at age 7 is a self proclaimed "meat-a-tarian" - in other words, would prefer to avoid meat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I homeschool Gracie so I actually finished school a few weeks ago. It's so nice to be done and on break :) Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.