Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Meatless Mondays February 28. 2011

Another week of wonderful food.  I have been enjoying going through some of the magazines, I get.  For years, I did not get even one food magazine and then Presto, I wanted them all.  When Amazon had its five dollar sale, I ordered whatever I could get at such a bargain price.  I did well.  Along the way, I came across other bargains and added them to the list and now I am inundated with cooking magazines and loving it.

Do you get any magazines?  What are your favorites?

Let's look back on last week when we got an overpowering number of fantastic recipes.  We also get new blogs each week.  If you have the time, check them out.  You very likely will find some new favorites.  I have not been able to get to each blog and I do apologize.  While my computer is working better than before, it is still quite slow.  I miss seeing each one of you in your own habitat and I do try to get to as many of you as possible.  Thank you for you support and enriching our lives with your meatless recipes.

Check out his lovely spinach omelet from Sunshine and Smile.  A great name for a blog!!!!!!!....
Tortellini with Spinach and walnuts sounds like such a treat from the Nave Family.
Frugally Green Mom shares her Asian Salad - oh yummy
Mushroom Risotto with Sundried Tomatoes from the Adirondack Chick is soooo good.
Louanne's Kitchen with its Grilled  Eggplant, Onion and Red Pepper Sandwich is certainly a winner.

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful recipes.






19 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby... Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed last week, it's been a bit tospy turvy around my house this past week. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Chaya! I'm so happy to be back with a new post this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya baby! Happy monday. kids back to school and I think i best get to spring cleaning to make spring come faster~ Linking up a recipe that really helped me overcome muscle cramping. It's a message that most women should hear as well, especially if they supplement with calcium. Remember the magnesium too! hugs! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chaya,
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Im so glad you did, I didnt know about meatless Mondays, but I would really like to join you. I am happy not eating meat at all, but my husband...needs his bacon and eggs. I am always looking for new and intersting recipes for meatless meals and I can see already we have lots of amazing and inpiring ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I don't get any food magazines at this point. It's part of us cutting back on stuff... but, I get lots of great inspiration from fellow bloggers. Thanks for hosting the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get Cooking Light, I like to read it when I watch TV, I get another one but I don't remember what it is too. I always get the really cheap sales too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for featuring my mushroom risotto today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy it seems like forever ago since I was here. I've cooked lots of meatless meals just haven't had time to blog about them. I finally took some photos last week and linked up my Veggie Pot Pie.

    I don't really have a recipe for it because it's something I just whip together and changes every time, but that's what makes it so great. Each person can make it their own.

    Thanks for hosting!
    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love magazines Chaya, and I get quite a few British ones - Good Food and Olive to name a few. I also like Vegetarian Living.

    What a lovely baby in the photo!

    I've linked up a delicious and different salad idea today. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the Link-up again Chaya, I hope your weekend was fabulous, here's to a fabulous Monday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What. A. Treasure trove! I have had the same eating habits since I was a teenager and there is alot of inspiration to be found on this here blog. I hope you don't mind that I will be following you from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many dishes to draw inspiration from, to cut down on meat. yes that's one thing i should get myself focused with. thanks for hosting chaya.. great to be here at this time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Meatless MOnday to all! Enjoy & have fun! Hope you're having a great day, Chaya!
    Best wishes,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful display you have out here!
    Thank you soo much Chaya for featuring my dish :) I was keeping little busy over the weekend and just couldn't visit blogs!
    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get a few food magazines and also pick them up at yard sales when I see them. My favorite is Taste of Home. Thanks as always for hosting - linking up with Blueberry Blintzes this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.