Sunday, February 13, 2011

Butternut Loaf - My Meatless Mondays February 14, 2011

My recipe for My Meatless Mondays is this yummy butternut squash.  I used the recipe for the squash and sweet potato kugel here and simply mixed some almonds and dried blueberries, cherries and apricots into the squash.  I topped it with nuts and dried fruit and a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon and voila, I had a new dish.  I used about 1/2 cup of slivered almonds and another half cup of dried fruit. I also used 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar.  Spray the topping with oil.  I baked it for 35 minutes.  Delicious!



Last week, we had an abundance of marvelous recipes and I thought we would feature the following:



  Eggplant Pizza from Loving My Domestic Life  (Isn't this creative?)




EZ Recipes is one of my favorites so I am thrilled to be featuring her Breakfast Casserole.




Samoa Pie from Frugally Green Mom


Linked to Frugal Fridays  







15 comments:

  1. You are so sweet, thanks for the link love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a squash loaf before. This sounds like a great way to use squash. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Really interesting combo of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe for the butternut loaf sounds really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had kugel, nor a squash loaf, but both sound wonderfully delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipes. Your featured recipes this week have my mouth watering too! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butternut loaf sound really yummy and I must try that eggplant pizza.

    I linked up two recipes today from my two different blogs.

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really great recipes today :), Happy Valentine's Day!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentines day :) Linked a spinach omelette dish this monday ..
    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious. I have never had a kugel with butternut in it. I imagine it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Chaya baby! Finally back on track at my casa! Linking up a delicious nutella version of mark bittman's panna cotta dessert. It was SOOO good! hugs! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just linked up my Crunchy Nut PB Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chaya, wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you're having a sweet, fun & loving day.
    With love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I just found your blog and your blog party. Thanks for hosting all these great meatless recipes. I can't wait to read more :)

    Michele@FitFoodista

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just linked up for the first time, and I added your badge to my post too! Do you have any particular rules for your Meatless Mondays party? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.