Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunshine Soup - Nigella Lawson and My Meatless Mondays January 31

in the pot
 I am proving it is soup weather by the quantity of soups, I am making.  We are probably up to four fresh soups a week and we finish them, the night, they were made.  The magic of soup is that almost any soup is delicious, or at least, we think so, in our home.

I found this soup, aptly called Sunshine Soup in Nigella's new book, "Nigella Kitchen."  I was debating if it was proper to post the recipe and decided, it was not.  The book is brand new and it is an excellent book, one I think you would like to have.  If it is possible, I say, go get that book, whether from the library, a friend or the store.

I could leave this book out and read it, any time, I have a few minutes.  It is a wonderful way to learn about Nigella's life and her thinking about cooking.  There are so many tips punctuating not only her recipes but also her stories.

peppers in oven
The soup is rich in vegetable broth with corn, garlic and roasted peppers.  Yellow was the proper choice of the peppers but I had red and one small yellow.  Obviously, the yellow would keep the soup more to the sunshine color.

Look out the window at the snow and eat this soup.  You will see the sun reflecting from the snow and oh how beautiful that will be as will the taste of that warm and rich soup.







Linked to Family Friendly Fridays    
Linked to My Kitchen, Your Recipe  
Linked to Five Dollar Dinners
Souper Sundays
SouperSundays

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting the linky! I'm always on the lookout for meatless meals for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious recipe! We've been eatilng a lot of soups too. The corn bread that I linked up is the perfect accompaniment!

    Have a great week!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    P.S. I will be posting my One World One Heart event shortly - be sure to stop by and join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice warm soup perfect for the weather. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about re-printing recipes from cookbooks. It always worries me too. Nigella has a website where she posts some of her recipes, and I try to link back to that when I can, but I've just made one of her cakes which I really want to blog about and she hasn't put it on her website. So it is a dilemma! Your version of her sunshine soup looks delicious! Thank you for hosting, Chaya and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this blog hop, I'm off to explore some new recipes. I've been making a lot of soups lately too, so comforting when it is cold.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. teleport this to me ASAP! oh gosh this looks fantastic!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup looks delicious! You should submit a chocolate Nigella recipe to forevernigella.com! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nigella is one of my fav and I have to run to the library soon to get my hand on that book .. i hope I get it there. The soup looks amazing!!
    I hope you will like my Indian Flat Bread recipe :)
    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it definitely is soup weather! Roasted red peppers and corn... sounds absolutely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thermometer this morning said 9 degrees. I am ready for soup!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.