Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let's Do Lunch, Breakfast and Brunch # 9

This is our last Let's Do Lunch, Breakfast and Brunch for this year.  With all that is going on with holiday meals, is it a light or hearty breakfast, you want?  Looking forward to finding out from your responses.

The snow was snowing, the wind was blowing
But we did weather the storm!
What do I care how much it did storm?
I had my breakfast to keep me warm.
I can't remember a worse December
Just watch those icicles form!
What do I care if icicles form?
I've got my coffee to keep me warm.

Off with my overcoat, off with my sweater,
I need no overcoat, my cooking is getting better!
My heart's on fire, the flame grows higher
So I can bake my pies!
 
What do I care how much it may storm?
As long as I have my french fries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, this week with the winds really blowing and the snow slashing out at us and the sidewalks piling up with snow, I made warming breakfasts and baked coffee cakes, muffins and cookies galore.  The best was the apple yogurt pancakes which I am hoping to post soon.  I made a choice to cut the apples into rather big chunks so when we took bites, the flavor of that apple filled our mouths with flavor.  The crispness of the apples against the soft pancakes was a delight.

I also made a savory pancake with broccoli and spicy cheese that was another great meal.  I served hot chocolate with this to make it more cozy.  What a treat!





3 comments:

  1. The food you have been making in the cold weather sounds scrumptious! I'm looking forward to seeing the recipes :) Thank you for hosting and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and looking forward to your latest discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you tooo!I look forward to seeing more of your posts in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.