Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Apple Coconut Family Cake TWD

This week, lucky bakers we are, because we got to bake  Apple-Coconut Family Cake, found on page 214 of Dorie Greenspan's "Baking From My Home to Yours."

Amber of Cobbler du Monde chose it for the ladies and gentlemen of Tuesdays with Dorie.  The recipe can be found on her blog or even better in Dorie's book.  Each time I bake something from it, I mention, how it is my favorite baking book.

I had hesitation about this recipe since coconut is a turn-off for us or should I say, "it used to be like that."  I would still vote for moderation but in this recipe, it was just perfect.  I loved everything about this cake.

I did not have apple jelly so I used apple butter,cooked with a little water.





7 comments:

  1. This cakes looks delicious! This is one of the recipes which I always intended to make from Dorie's book. I love this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple butter glaze sounds yummy. I didn't have apple jelly either, so I used apricot preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This looks wonderful!

    I'm having a Christmas Recipe Party on Thursday. I know you celebrate Chanukah, but all holiday recipes are welcome, so I hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is the same cake i chose for my turn on BWD:-)
    Am so happy to see it here and know what its going to look like!!
    Wouldn ground nuts or ur fav nut flour be a good sub for coconut?
    I lovee coconut in cakes though and this looks yummy!!
    Oh i still have some apple butter in there and its about to get over , must freeze some for this cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.