Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wonton Warrior Returns



It is fun to play around with wontons.  There are so many ways to use them and to be creative.  My newest versions are Cream Cheese and Lox Wontons and Pizza Wontons.  (photos below)

Here is a video explaining how to fill and cook videos.  Rather than write this over, each time, a new wonton comes along, refer to this or other videos for step by step, non-threatening way to put them together.

This video shows you how to make cream cheese wontons.  To make a Brooklyn Special, shred lox and mix in with the cream cheese.  Follow video directions and you have just made a more interesting wonton.

Pizza wontons can be made with your favorite fillings.  I used a little tomato sauce with chopped green peppers and onions.  Think about your favorite pizza topping and fill your wonton with it and voila, your favorite pizza wonton.

There is so much flexibility here.  If you want amounts, let me know. 

PIZZA WONTONS



  

CREAM CHEESE, SCALLIONS AND RED ONIONS






Ultimate Recipe SwapThe Grocery Cart ChallengeTasty Traditions131 Tasty Traditions: Sausage BallsFOODIE FRIDAY Click for details
Vegetarian PastyThe Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom Linked to Pantry Recipe Swap

17 comments:

  1. this is making me very hungry right now. i really love this post. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This is perfect for little kids too. Can't wait to try it!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these wontons look specially yummy!gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played with wontons years ago and have forgotten how good they can be. I really like the lox idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there wonton warrior!! I love this idea -- I've never thought about making wontons with different kinds of flavors, what a delicious awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the wonton queen, Chaya! These look seriously amazing. I've been meaning to make them since your post about chicken pot pie wontons (also fabulous!)...adding wontons to my grocery list now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I saw you on the Friday Potluck and had to check out your recipe. I love wontons...and just about anything packed into them! I can see some serious Thanksgiving leftover possibilities ;)

    Michele@fitfoodista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using wonton wrappers - I often use them for ravioli instead of making fresh pasta. I recently did a post for some wontons filled with figs and blue cheese, and now I really have to try your salmon and cream cheese idea. Love the pizza filling one too - that's a great idea.
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks yummy, i want to have a bite now! i love wonton and this one is something new to try...thanks for sharing your idea! happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative with your wonton!
    Thanks for joining FoodTripFriday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I have never made wontons. I guess I have always felt intimidated by them but you make them look so easy! Thanks for sharing them at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As much as I love the contents of this post, I think my favorite part has to be "Wonton Warrior". LOL, I'm going to remember that the next time I use wontons :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up this recipe! I featured it on Katie's Cucina today!

    http://katiescucina.blogspot.com/2010/11/monday-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look like a lot of fun to make, but even more to eat! I think my favorite would be the cream cheese wonton. I can see the kids adding all kinds of stuff to theirs.

    Thanks for the idea and thanks for linking to Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays!

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look good! Swinging by from Midnight Manic Meatless Mondays. I hope you can swing by my blog as well!
    http://frugallygreenmom.blogspot.com/2010/11/csa-cooking-hot-creamed-pea-dip.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recipe! I would love it if you would share this recipe on my weekly recipe swap. And while your there you can check out other great recipes!

    http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2010/11/pantry-recipe-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful recipe! Thanks for sharing and linking up! Love Wontons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.