Monday, November 15, 2010

Cranberry Lime Galette TWD

GROAN
This week in Tuesdays with Dorie, we made Cranberry Lime Galette of a variation thereof.  The recipe was chosen by Whitney, April and Elizabeth of Celestial Confections.   The recipe is found on pages 363 -365 or on the blog of Celestial Confections.

I ended up making a few major changes.  I used cranberries which I was sorry about.  It was too tangy for me although my husband loved it that way.  I used orange instead of lime and that was great.  I made half the recipe and that is where I messed up.

I basically did everything right until I forgot that I had made half the dough and baked it for the full time.  It had nice crispy edges and fell down.  I blamed it on being gluten free but just found out that it was because I forgot to refrigerate the galette after it was shaped.

There is a bottom line to this.  We loved it and it disappeared within a few hours.   We could not keep our hands off of it.  Walk by and a little more disappears.  I am thrilled, we made this and would like to do it again with apples.  Oh, I forgot.  I added a whole apple sliced and put the sliced pieces under the cranberries on top of the nuts.  The apples are more to my liking.

Not Beautiful but Delicious

13 comments:

  1. Great that it turned out delicious for you. I have Dorie's book, but have yet to try this recipe. Will keep the tip on the apples in mind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love delicious and amazing! Nice recipe, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I gave you a trendy blog award: http://jsknowlton.blogspot.com/2010/11/trendy-blog-award.html. -Shonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree that more apples would have been better.

    I do that sometimes, halving recipes and then not adjusting everything accordingly. I'm glad you liked it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I love cranberries with orange...perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another fantastic fall dessert! Looks amazing with the cranberries, but I also love your idea of using apples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, this is jus what i would totally love coz i bake everything longer to get crispy, we love crispy and i wud love this!
    I dont know about cranberries coz we dont find them here though have sure been looking around for the dried ones for a long time now!
    Apples excite us too and baked apples is magic!
    i halve everything too , coz yeah ,whether large portion or small portion ,everything disappears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too - i feel exactly the same way about you down to the apples being the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cranberry orange is always a delicious combination. Sounds like it tasted good anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the orange juice that makes it so good. Not nearly as tart as the lime and twice as good.

    Sorry it wasn't your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen this everywhere on the blogosphere and yours is just the cherry on top! Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think cranberries and orange are a match made in heaven, good call!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.