Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zucchini-Carrot Bread Susie Fishbein

This is similar to my Harvest Bread.  If I remember correctly, the harvest bread had more vegetables, in it.
Here is the Harvest Bread and yes, it has corn and spinach and kinds of goodies and is open to your choice of additions.

This is a quick bread that should be delicious as sandwich bread.  I can imagine, cream cheese, butter, vegetables, on this bread, being delicious.  Think of all the spreads you may make and picture them on this bread.  Good, I would think.

Zucchini Carrot Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
2 medium zucchini, unpeeled and grated
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs

The recipe in the book calls for a great streusel.  I bet you would want to make it.  It is on page 223 of Kosher Design Entertains.  I chose to keep the cake plain.  It has plenty of flavor and I think the streusel makes it, more like a cake.  Either way, it is way good.

Method:





Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease two loaf pans on the bottom and half-way up.  You can use one 9 x 13 inch pan, if you would prefer.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.  Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine sugar, carrots, zucchini, oil and eggs and stir.

Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture and stir until combine.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour.





Recipes Of A Cheapskatespaininiowa      Good Cheap Eats 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely and Yummy bread. You have received an award. Please visit my site and collect it. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM - I might just be making this in the next day or so with my bounty of zucchini! Looks tasty! Thanks for visiting my zucchini post, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to Meatless Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea...i never thought to add carrot to a zucchini bread recipe. all that nutrition crammed into a yummy bread...what a smart idea! thank you for linking it up to tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carrot and Zucchini sure make a wholesome combi!!
    I have so muc bookmarked from ur blog, if u ever write a book from both ur blogs,i sure wan a copy ,there a collection of delicious gorgeousness, a treasure in both ur blogs and would love to have it in book form someday!!
    I am off to look to where all i can link my posts today and i know i can find it all on ur blog too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chaya, that looks lovely! Zucchini and carrots are a great combination in a quick bread. Don't forget to leave a link back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great with both zucchini and carrots! Yum, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so delicious...and very healhy, too! happy sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, that sounds tasty! It might be the only way I can get k-girl to eat carrots. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Saturday's Party!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to make a loaf like this and we always loved the treat of using it as sandwich bread. Thanks for linking up at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love recipes like this because I have a weakness for bread. I need to eat healthy bread and this is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing and linking up. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.