Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rewind - Orange Berry Muffins TWD ----Exciting


Last night, instead of slicing pears, I was a good wife and made my husband what I will call, Pumpkin-Orange Berry Muffins. based on  Dorie's wonderful recipe, Orange Berry Muffins.  This is one of the first recipes that the TWD made and this one was chosen by someone very special.  You, probably won't recognize the blog but it is the previous blog of the Brown Eyed Baker, who selected the muffins.  You can find the recipe on her blog and of course, in From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.

The most fun was reading the blogs of those original gals.  I think, there were six of them and they came from another place, than we are today.  It makes me think of the new group Baking with Dorie which also has a handful of bakers who enthusiastically team up to bake Dorie's gems.

Cakelaw of Laws of the Kitchen selected Fold-Over Pear Torte on pages 348 and 349, for this week's baking.  She has that recipe on her blog with photos.  Check out the other bloggers who baked this recipe.


I did make a few changes from the original recipe.  I made this gluten free for my husband.  Instead of honey, I used pumpkin.  I used blueberries and added in some nuts and dried fruit.  I used my rose molds but they did not really work, with this recipe.  The blueberries ruined the lines of the roses.  There were a few that passed for roses but all in all, they are muffins.  My husband raved about this recipe, another Dorie success. All Thingz Related

7 comments:

  1. Ciao ! i have to try and bake them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i know, i was wondern how there were 2 recipes of TWD floating around!!
    Thanxx to ya have joined French fridays , i like it coz i can post whenever i want to ,so its fantastic , i jus baked 2 of her recipes and love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rose molds are so pretty, Chaya! As always, another amazing recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled that you gave these yummy muffins a try and the bonus is that you experimented by making them gluten-free...just perfect!

    Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    P.S. Chaya, there's a little something on my AWARDS page for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice rewind! and nice molds too

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I'm sure the hubby appreciated them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.