Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pesto Pasta with Feta

This was one of those nights when I could not think of a decent meal to eat.  I had planned to make eggplant Parmesan but was just too tired to fuss.  I wanted easy and tasty.  This dish was created as I went along.
My degree of effort definitely goes along with fatigue.  If, I am tired, I can barely make dinner.  The best bet would be leftovers, on a night, like that.

If I am filled with energy, the sky is the limit.  We could have several courses, no matter how difficult, to make.

Tonight was slightly better than fatigue.  I would call it, "somewhat tired".  Pasta is the result of this kind of tiredness.

Pesto Pasta with Feta

Ingredients:



1 box thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 button mushrooms sliced
1 small onion, sliced
3 tablespoons basil pesto (has no Parmesan in it)
8 grape tomatoes, cut in halves
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method:

Cook pasta, according to package directions.  Drain, rinse and put aside.

In oil, cook onion and mushrooms till they soften. 

Add tomatoes and cook for two additional minutes.

Add pesto and Parmesan cheese.  Mix well and cook to warm the pesto.

In a serving bowl that can be microwaved, put pasta and pesto mixture.  Add some more Parmesan and mix well.

Serve in individual bowls and top with crumbled feta cheese.

Eat and enjoy.

This was sent to Presto Pasta Nights, where you can find the greatest variety of delicious pasta dishes.  Why don't you add yours so the many people who check out Ruth's creation, will get to know you, also?  Thanks to our hostess, from Cook, Eat, Play, Repeat.  Jennifer will be listing all the entries with photos.  Thanks Jennifer.
    grab the code!  Southern In My Heart 
Between the Lines   Gluten-Free Wednesdays2
Acting Balanced


Good Cheap Eats

14 comments:

  1. Oh I just love feta with pasta!!!

    ps check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my favorite pasta ingredients rolled up into one delicious dinner. *Drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love those spur of the moment meals -- they often turn out the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a new jar of pesto and some feta this week at Sam's Club, I'll have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homemade pesto and this looks delicious. What a great quick meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love pasta! Can you make some again and share? Yummm, I'm craving looking at those pics right now.

    Parenting Articles

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pasta does look great. And, like you, this was a week of feeling tired and under the weather. We had "throw together" pasta more than once. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with pasta when it comes to finding a quick and easy dish! This feta pesto combo sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the best meals are those you just throw together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At the end of the day, I think we can all relate to that tired feeling. Pasta is a very handy thing to have around for those times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you "somewhat tired" meal. It would work nicely for me since I live in "always totally exhausted world!
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend Chaya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for joining the potluck this week! Hope to see you back each week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! I love pasta. And pesto. And feta. Yum! Thanks for linking Chaya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.