Monday, October 18, 2010

Caramel Pumpkin Pie TWD

This week's pick for TWD was Caramel Pumpkin Pie, chosen by   Janelle of Mortensen Family Memoirs.  I am betting most of the bakers liked this one.  After all, we can all see the word caramel.  What isn't good with caramel.  Certainly pumpkin is also a best seller so the two together turned out to be a winning combo.

I am no longer afraid to make crusts but I still have the problem with the crumbles.  The crumbles held my caramel pumpkin filling beautifully.  The flavors melded to share with the eater, quite a positive experience.  Smooth and creamy was the two words that described mine.  These were surrounded by little pieces of the crust which got quite dark on one side where my oven gets hot.  I forgot to turn it.


This is a winner.  The recipe is found in Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking from My Home to Yours."  You can also find it on Janelle's blog.  I recommend, everyone having this book, in their homes.  Each time, I want to make something, I pull it out and there I find exactly, what I was thinking of.  Thanks Dorie.
Photobucket    
The Grocery Cart Challenge

24 comments:

  1. This looks perfect! So glad it was a winner for you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks perfect to me! I wasn't sure whether the cream was traditional or not, so I added it, although I am sure it wsn't necessary - and my wide hips don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it was a winner! I had making Dorie's crust for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think caramel & pumpkin filling is excellence! Hopefully, I still can fit in my dresses after this. haha.... Hope you're having a wonderful week ahead.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie turned out just lovely. We mostly liked it, but thought that the caramel was too bitter. It was dark, so I will make it much lighter next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I couldn't get any pumpkin yet in Israel, so I will have to wait a bit to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay yours looks perfect. I seriously want to know what went wrong with mine. Was your caramel thick? Mine was runny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Chaya! That pie is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pie looks like it turned out perfect. I'm learning just how tricky my pick was--not just for me (which I knew it would be).

    Thanks for baking along with me this week. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good lord, this looks tasty! How delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. u explain ur experience so beautifully that i want to read it again and again!!
    I know this would have been gorgeous for sure!!
    Ahh rich and creamy.....
    Ur students and family and whoever gets to eat ur goodies are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pie looks delicious. I do love pumpkin pie and this looks like a great variation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to say hello and I could taste that pie before I got to the door. It looks like a great recipe, thank you so much for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to combine caramel pie with pumpkin pie. I love it!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came back to let you know that I'm featuring you this week! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, caramel and pumpkin together! What a wonderful recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm caramel and pumpkin! I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a great pumpkin pie, huh. Loved the caramel flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The caramel sounds like it really kicks the pumpkin pie up a notch and makes it into something absolutely special.

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so delicious, i want to have a bite! yum! happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking this up to Friday Potluck...mmmmmmmm I could go for a slice right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.