Sunday, August 29, 2010

My - Meatless Mondays ---- Zucchini Mufflettes

Here we are, another week, and time to create a delicious meal.  I am sharing with you a side for myself which would go with fish or with another vegetable such as eggplant or potatoes or any squash.  Let your imagination lead you.

Zucchini Mufflettes


1 small to medium zucchini, depending on the size muffin you are making ---for regular muffins, I would use two zucchinis. For regular minis, I would use one normal sized zucchini.  My minis called for a smallish zucchini.  These were mini-minis.

1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs or panko crumbs for those who can eat them
1 egg, beaten

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

We grow oregano, basil and chives and parsley.  I asked my husband to bring some in.  I chopped them and threw them in.  I can't give amounts.  I am sorry.

1 teaspoon pepper sauce

1 teaspoon hot paprika


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Put paper cups into mini muffin pan or spray the pans, themselves.  I sprayed the paper with olive oil.
Shred zucchini in food processor.

In medium bowl beat egg.

Add the oil and hot pepper sauce to egg and mix.

Add spices except for paprika.

Add the bread crumbs and mix all the ingredients well except paprika which will be sprinkled on the mufflettes.  You can add a little of the hot paprika to the batter, if you would like.  I find that mine is not really that hot.

Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, put amount into each mini cup.  It should be almost filled to the top.  Sprinkle the paprika on top and place in oven.

Bake from 25 - 30 minutes until slightly golden brown.  I tried a toothpick to make sure it came out dry.   You might want to check these at 20 minutes, if you are making real small ones.

These are cuties and look great on the plate with other food.  Mine were no larger than a bite size.  Made twelve minis.





The Girl Creative

19 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! This is my first time posting here! We're interested in having a few meatless meals each week. I'm hoping to find some great ideas here in coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am going to try these. I've never had muffletes or anything like it, and yours is the third post in 3 weeks I have seen. I think it is a sign that I need to try them. By the way, they look yummy! Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing! i have several large zucchini that i bought at farmer's market this weekend. i think i'll try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaya, those mufflettes look delicious - I will definitely give those a try with some of the zucchini from my garden. Thank you for hosting My Meatless Mondays and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh, those look yummy and easy to pop in the oven. Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a quick, tasty snack!! I so love zucchini! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it is zucchini week! Your mufflettes look yummy. I love making things into little muffins like that. I am linking up with a zucchini gratin. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore these little morsels, Chaya! :-) How wonderfully savory and yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added one more recipe, I hope you don't mind but I figured it goes well with the meatless monday theme. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. yumm! i love zuchinnis, in fact i made some greek zuchinni fritters too... love to try this one too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Monday Mania to share this recipe! I have shared one of my own - a homemade jello recipe using just plain fruit of your choice and unflavored gelatin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound wonderful! And so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a good idea. Perfect kid-friendly snack:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chaya! Boo hoo...I have been trying to link up to your blog hop today, but the linky is giving me trouble! I will come back later and try again. It is working on the other spots. Hugs girl! Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  15. It finally worked! Here is my peachy keen fruit salad with feta! Enjoy. Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had just the hankering for zucchini muffins the other day. Wish I had one of these Chaya! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I love zucchini recipes. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.