Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream TWD

TWD us making ice cream, this week, chocolate ganache ice cream.  How does that sound to you?  It sounds great to me. 

I did not think, I was going to make this because I do not have an ice cream maker.  Then, I read that someone thought, it could be used at the stage before the ice cream maker.  Three cheers and one happy me.  I almost did not care about the consistency.  I wanted to make this so badly.  I made it today and it is in the freezer hardening.  I will take a peek before I call it a day.  Otherwise, no photos of the finished product.

I have been stealing spoonfuls, tonight and it is absolutely delicious.  Last time, I looked, only the corners had hardened.  I added some marshmallow fluff which may have messed it up because the middle is a chocolate marshmallow pool - a tempting one, though.  I will leave a photo of that, at least.

Katrina of Baking and Boys picked Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream on page 430 and found on her blog.  Katrina, I owe you for this one.  I am enjoying each and every spoonful.

After checking Katrina's recipe, stop by TWD and you will find the foodies that also made the creamy delight.  You can see their photos and comments on each of the blogs.

Ice Cream Check - I just took another peek and a few more spoonfuls.  It had hardened more but there was hardened chunks of marshmallow fluff.  So, I mixed it again, incorporating some of the fluff.  I will have to mix it, once more, in the morning.  I am surprised, I did not wake up the entire neighborhood, turning on the mixer.

I am going to show you some of my pics leading up to what, I hope will be success, tomorrow.









Linked to It's A Blog Party   Tuesday Night Supper Club   Tasty Tuesday  Gluten Free Wednesday

Make it From Scratch


23 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, marshmellow fluff; YUM! I did not even think of that one. The perfect, rich chocolate ice cream isn't it? We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I want this. Especially with marshmallow fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me! Hope you enjoy the final product, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished ice cream. I could eat homemade ice cream every day...not a good thing :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever went with rocky road, that is the kind of marshmallow I'd choose--the fluff.
    Thanks for the love and for freezing along with me this week, especially without even an ice cream maker. Glad to know it works the DL way.
    I love that you left a space for a final photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chaya...what a fabulous concoction...great blend.
    Nothing beats having homemade ice cream ;o)

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this look fantastic, I love marshmallow and specially homemade Ice cream, lovely pictures! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the marshmallow was a great addition...like rocky road without all the annoying bits! thanks for linking up to tuesday night supper club

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no words to say, I am utterly speechless (and drooling). Now I have a good reason to pull out my ice cream maker.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your first ice cream - it looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ice cream looks perfect! I love marshmallow fluff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm. The marshmallow looks so good! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are sooooooooo right - this would pair perfectly with the Chocolate Cheery Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy, that looks delicious! I'm probably the only person in the world that has never had homemade ice cream. If I had that sitting in my freezer I wouldn't tell anyone, it would be mine....all mine...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did it! Ice cream without an ice cream maker ... and wonderful ice cream at that! :-) I love it when it gets "melty," too. More like frozen custard consistency. ;-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks perfectly delicious. Really love the mallow like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks pretty good with that marshmallow fluff.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yu;m!! Marshmallow fluff. Have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We bought an ice cream maker this year and have really been enjoying it. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like we all love chocolate ice cream! This is decadent to the max. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mouth is watering Chaya! Wow, those pictures sure are a tease :D

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.