Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Flounder Doesn't Swim

All you have seen, from me, in the way of fish is salmon and the truth is that, as far as I am concerned, salmon stands alone.  I could be happy, eating salmon, a few times a week.  Other fish has to be well hidden, for me to enjoy it.

We do like breaded and fried sole or flounder but I am working on minimal frying, so, that is out.  I did have a package of frozen flounder and it had to be used up so one evening, I took the plunge and made fish, not salmon, but other fish.

This is another quick and easy recipe from southernfood.about.com.  It took me almost no time, to throw it together.  I defrosted the fish and plopped it in a greased baking dish.  Mixed the topping, painted it on the fish and baked and voila, a really good flounder dish, well hidden.

Ingredients:
5 small slices of flounder
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped chives

Method:

Spray baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place fillets in dish, lined up, next to each other.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Spread this mixture evenly, over fillets.
Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This probably serves 3. 
This had a nice flavor and everyone liked it.


Linked to No Whine Wednesdays


3 comments:

  1. So interesting - - - I totally DISLIKE salmon and here it is the only fish you like!!!

    I'd MUCH rather have mahi mahi. I also love walleye and northern pike. But - - - I'm with you, I prefer it lightly floured and fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya...

    Salmon is my favorite fish as well! But I also like flounder. I have some in the freezer right now...I will give this recipe a try...it sounds great and so easy too! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for Sunday Favorites, my friend!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salmon is my favorite, but I buy other cheaper fish so we can eat it more often. I'm sure I would like your recipe, but I have one kid who doesn't like may so I always have to leave his plain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.