Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baked Potatoes with Yogurt and Sour Cream Ina Garten

I am a potato person.  I love potatoes.  The only potato dish, I am  lukewarm about, is potato salad.  I like my potatoes heated up.  I would probably like potato salad, if I heated it.  We put potatoes under a saucy chicken or with a roast and they work well together.

This is a super easy dish to make but it tastes like a million dollars. 


Baked Potatoes with Yogurt and Sour Cream -  Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics

 Ingredients

•4 Idaho russet baking potatoes  (I made 3.)

•1/2 cup yogurt  ( I put a little more sour cream in than yogurt.  I didn't know what the yogurt would do to the sour cream.  It turned out that it balanced the flavors beautifully.  It added a tangy taste.

•1/2 cup sour cream

•2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish

•Kosher salt and black pepper

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Wash the potatoes and place them directly on the oven baking rack. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until very tender when pierced with a skewer.

Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, sour cream, chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with extra chives. Chill.

When the potatoes are done, cut them down the middle and squeeze both ends. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve the hot baked potatoes with the cold chive dressing.



2 comments:

  1. There are few things better than a perfectly baked potato. Your topping takes them to another level. It looks delicious and I'm so glad you lightened it by using some yogurt. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say Hi.
    Thank-you for linking up with the food & health blog hop.
    MMMmmm Potatoes. That looks really good.
    Have a great week.
    http://www.lisasglutenfree.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.