Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Awards

I am not the best person with awards, not because I do not appreciate them, but because they mean a lot to me and I think about the people, I am giving them to.

Two people honored me with The Versatile Blogger Award, Grapefruit who I bake with at Baking with Dorie and Melodie who has Vegetarian Fridays to link to, each week.  Please visit them both and perhaps, you will want to jump in and join us, at either of these wonderful places.

I was fortunate to meet Grapefruit when she started Baking with Dorie, a group of bakers who were too late to join the original Tuesdays with Dorie.  I decided to join in with them, even though I belong to TWD, because I came in to the group late and missed many recipes.  I figured that the new group would bake some of these and I could fill in the gaps. Since, then, my respect and caring for Grapefruit has grown as we bake together.  Anyone who would like to join in, let me know or better, let Grapefruit know.

Although, Melodie is new to my world, a few months, I find her to be inspirational to her readers.  She has a way with words and her caring for others shines outwards.  The emphasis of her blog is breastfeeding and healthy eating.  She is a vegetarian and for someone like me, who is eating more and more meatless meals, the Friday link is a life saver with its delicious looking recipes.  Take a peek on Friday and see if you have something to add to it or to use from it.


I am passing this award on to the following:
Faith of An Edible Mosaic, one of the classiest blogs, around with truly, the best recipes.

Krista of Rambling Tart, a place to see the best photos and great recipes and to meet, a warm and charming woman who cares about everyone.

Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table, a baker supreme.  I have learned so much from her blog about baking and presentation.

Glugle Gluten-Free is next.  She is a new friend and she is Blogger of the Week at Comfy Cook.  She received this recognition with the sweetest manner.  I am totally impressed by her.

Alex of Moderate Life who is teaching me through her blog how to eat in a more healthy way.  She is also a darling person, ready to help us all.  She started Two for Tuesdays.  If you don't know what that is, visit her and find out.  She will welcome  you with open arms.

Heather from Girlichef who is a dynamo and you can pick up those vibes from blog to blog.  She works with a number of groups such as I Heart Cooking Clubs.  She has more than one blog.  She is a busy lady but despite this activity, she never turns one down if the person needs help. Send her a tortilla soup recipe.

Debbie Does Dinner....Healthy and Low Calorie.  I love her recipes.  She must know what I like because those great recipes are always there.  Debbie is a super blogger and supports other bloggers in their ventures.

Charlene from Secrets of a Southern Kitchen.  A sugar free blog that still has delightful recipes.  She is also a lovely person to get to know.  Find out for yourself.

Geri of Heart and Soul Cooking, our blue ribbon winner from New Mexico.  Geri learned to cook from her mother and grandmother and now, as a grandma, she teaches her grandchildren to cook.  I love her for that. As a grandmother, I see cooking with the kids, as one of the best bonding experiences.  I could write for hours about that and I bet Geri could also.

Kim from Stirring the Pot shares her enthusiasm and creativity through her cooking. I found her blog, early on, and have followed it since.  There is something unique about Kim.  It may be the joy, she radiates.  It may be the diligence, she puts into her blog.  Whatever it is, I like it.

Kristy of Mother Rimmy's Culinary Delights and that is exactly what you will find on her site.  Culinary delights describes what she shares, to a tea.




Now for the Circle of Friends Award.  I consider all of you, cyber friends.  I certainly know some foodies better than others.  I think there is a code of reaching out amongst foodies.  I am proud to be a member of the Circle of Friends.

I got this award from Kristy of My Little Space.  Kristy is fantastic.  She is a doll of a person, treating everyone with respect and kindness.  Then, she cooks up a storm of interesting dishes. I don't always know what the ingredients are but they sure look good.  Those cakes of hers are one of a kind, just beautiful.  Thanks Kristy.

Foodessa.  I want to thank her for the lovely comments, she writes on our blogs.  They are super thoughtful and caring.  Each time, I read one, I feel like someone just wished me the best.

Aubree Cheri of Living Free who sets a standard for gluten-free blogs.   Her recipes, layout, photos all show her caring and professionality (I have no idea if that is a word.)  She is also a great gal to know.

Joanne from Regional Recipes who wants your Ethiopian recipes.  Does that sound a bit out of context?  Joanne and Regional Recipes spotlight a different part of the world, each month and we have another day or two to get in out recipes from Ethiopia.  Trust me. It is good to have a happy Joanne and it is so easy to make her happy.  Just sent that recipe, please.

Mary, Mary Culinary bakes like a dream.  Take a peek at her pavlova.  I have to make it.  I do.  Mary produces such fine baked goods---I want her to teach me how she makes them so pretty.
Red Kathy from Are you Hungry, is a doll and so deserves to friendship because she is a friend.  The is one of those special people who everyone likes.  Check out those tropical banana muffins.

Nina from Nina's cupcakes is one of my  baking buddies and each time, I visit her blog, I am inspired.  She turns a plain cupcake into edible beauty.

Tiffanee from One Crazy Cookie is a gem of a person.  I like her so much.  She is enthusiastic and a real sweetie.

I have tremendous respect for Mary of One Perfect Bite which in my opinion, is one of the best blogs around.  Mary, not only shares recipes that we can make but have class, she also shares loads of interesting information.  Even in the cybersphere, we can all see how respectful Mary is and also how kind.

Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner is a place to visit, not only for recipes, but for the interesting information and pictures, she has around her blog.  The first time, I visited, I did a lot of sightseeing.

Linda of My Kind of Cooking has a cookbook by the same name.  It has recipes with only a few ingredients.  She uses her blog to share some of these easy recipes with us and also to fill us in, information that I have found invaluable.  She also has a new cookbook coming out.  You might be very interested so stop by and check these out.  While you are there, check out her run-in with rattlesnakes.

For those of you who belong here and I hope you know who you are, thank you for being supportive of me.  A special thanks to my good buddy, Mia, who is for a very short while not blogging, but is still being a good friend.  I didn't know they made people like her.


13 comments:

  1. Well, thank you so much, Chaya for your kind words, support and passing me this award...made my night =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each and every one of the blogs you have listed! ;) You are so right about Foodessa. She is such a wonderful commenter. She always makes my day! Your blog is so terrific as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very, very much, dear Chaya! :-) I'm so glad I met you in this blogging world. :-) Big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well-deserved award, Chaya! And thank you so much for passing it on to me! I am truly honored by your kind words. I feel the same way about your beautiful blog and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! You are too sweet!! Thanks for making my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! This is my first ever blog award, and I really appreciate you thinking of me. I've had a tough month at work, and no time at all to bake, so this definitely made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! You are just too sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart! This helped to brighten my day! Continental airlines canceled half of one of my flights and I spent almost 3 hours getting it corrected. Reading all the nice things you said about me and my cookbooks, helped to put me in a better mood and reminded me that there are nice people out there! Thanks Again:) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chaya, how sweet of you and I am honored to receive the award! You certainly are gracious and I always look forward to see what you're cooking! I'm so glad I have "met" you! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chaya! Congratulations on your award. It is well deserved. I always enjoy seeing what you're cooking up next. I'm really honored that you would think of me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chaya...today, you considerably raised the encouragement bar to continuously make an effort towards quality vs. quantity commenting.
    I do love putting my blog together and although commenting takes away time from maybe posting more often...I decided to find a balance in order to live the full experience of a culinary journey.
    Thank you for appreciating and recognizing something that is so important to me.

    I also want to acknowledge the wonderful shout outs you gave to everyone on your list...some of which are new to me and hopefully will soon become familiar and cherished.

    Chaya, I always enjoy my cyber visit with you...it's certainly a very pleasant energy and experience. There's always a certain warmth that runs off your page ;o)

    Thank you for your award and have yourself a wonderful weekend.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Chaya! You rock :)

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chaya,

    Thank you, so much for this award. It is also my first blogging award. You are so sweet. Sorry it has taken me so long to comment. I was being pulled in a million directions this week, but now that some calm has come to our house, I can give you the attention you deserve.

    You are so kind. How do you find the time to be so generous to so many? I love seeing people like you because it makes me strive to be better. I think recognizing people for what they mean to you is so precious and so rarely done (so that the other person knows). So thank you for that. It puts a little bit more love out into the world, and we can always use that. I don't usually quote celebrities. I'm not a celebrity person. But, Julia Roberts said in an interview that you can never have too much love. And that is so true.

    So, thank you again. And I look forward to reading your blog.

    xoxo,
    Tia :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.