Friday, July 23, 2010

Asian Baked Salmon - Ina Garten

It is Friday and that means, lots of cooking for the Sabbath.  I usually make salmon  on Fridays and each week, I look for new ways to make the salmon.  Since, I am cooking for  these two weeks with Ina Garten, I decided to use one of her recipes.  This particular one sounded good.   I think anything that has soy sauce will be a success. 

I am a big fan of salmon in almost any form.  I like salmon patties with canned salmon and of course fresh salmon is delicious.  I buy most of my salmon from Costco and while the price used to be spectacular, it is now going up, in cost.

Each Friday, the question for me, is ,"What kind of salmon should I select for tonight?"  Not  a major question but it is a fun one. Liking salmon, I love to experiment with these recipes.  Tonight's recipe was originally a grilled salmon with the same recipe except I subbed onion for the garlic, which makes hubby gets sick from.  (the garlic makes him ill.)  I also baked it, rather than grill it.

Asian Baked Salmon   -                    Ina Garten-Barefoot Contessa

Ingredients:

3 salmon fillets

For the marinade:

•2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

•3 tablespoons good soy sauce

•6 tablespoons good olive oil

•1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 red onion, chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and onion powder in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
Place salmon in baking dish.

Put chopped red onion on top of each salmon piece.  

Place in oven and bake 20 - 30 minutes.

Transfer the fish to a flat plate. Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.




4 comments:

  1. I love salmon, wonderful recipes, thk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had salmon in forever. This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya, this turned up in a cook, eat, share search and now it's going to be our dinner tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha "I think anything that has soy sauce will be a success. "

    hahaha. as it happens, I just posted an asian pan-seared salmon with soy and garlic and chili!

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/04/pan-seared-chilli-soy-marinated-salmon.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.