Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cabbage Salad with Peanuts- Quick and Easy

I love to play with slaws so they are new and different and hopefully exciting.  We like this one and I will make it again.

Cabbage Salad with Peanuts

Ingredients:

•4 cups shredded cabbage

•Dressing:

•3/4 cup mayonnaise

•1/4 cup sugar

•2 tablespoons cider vinegar

•1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt

•dash ground black pepper

•1 cup salted peanuts

Preparation:

Put shredded cabbage in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate to chill thoroughly.

Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper; stir into cabbage and toss to coat thoroughly.

Mix in peanuts and serve immediately.

This cabbage salad serves 8.

   linked to Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kop's and Vegetarian Foodie Fridays

7 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I've recently become a pretty big fan of slaws :)

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent salad! I love making new kinds of salads too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love homemade coleslaw. I rarely ever make it though because with just my husband and myself there is no way we could go through it all before it went bad. I love that you put peanuts in it for extra crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It looks so delicious! I love the addition of the peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy! Thanks for posting this.

    I have a recipe you may like.
    http://shelookethwell.blogspot.com/2010/05/favorite-cabbage-salad-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good slaw too. Especially when nuts or seeds are involved. Thanks for linking today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick and easy is always a good thing. I like changing things up too, but sometimes I get stuck in a rut. This looks like a great slaw variation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.