Thursday, April 8, 2010

Onion Kugel

This is one of my favorites yet I would not eat it during the year.  I keep it to be special for Passover.  We do that with a lot of recipes and it is well worth it.

Onion Kugel

Ingredients:

2 cups onions or more if you like
6 eggs
1 cup potato starch
1/4 cup oil
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Chop onions into small pieces.
Beat eggs well, for two to three minutes.

Add potato starch and beat for another minute until it is thick.
Add salt and pepper.
Mix in oil.

Add the chopped onions.



If you would like, you could sprinkle paprika on top.  I don't.  As you can see, it browns beautifully.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds wonderful! SO savory and warming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...since I'm not Jewish. And thus have missed out on 23 passovers. Can I make up for it by making this 23 times before next year? Because it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne and Krista, you are both invited next Passover and I will make it for you. Joanne, you keep making your new dishes and Krista, keep taking those photos. I will make the onion kugel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Chaya. That golden top is exquisite. I can definitely see why this is a meal for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious! I can see why it's special Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds and looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can appreciate you holding out for a special meal. My family does the same on Christmas Eve. Your Kugel looks and sounds delicious. I had quite a few Jewish friends growing up and loved eating dinner with them. As I remember it,they served some of the best dishes, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this recipe but it sounds great. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds scrumptious!!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chaya, I think I am happy that we do not celebrate Passover as I would want this all year round. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.