Monday, April 12, 2010

A Bowlful of Goodness

I have bronchitis and I wanted a light meal, this evening so I ended up with what I call a Bowlful of Goodness because that is exactly what it is.  Comfort food aptly describes it, as well. If I am to be clinical about a name, I would call it something like Pine Nut, Broccoli Pasta or Parmesan-Pine Nut Pasts or the Three P's.  A Bowlful of Goodness describes it, much more to the point.
This is for one person.

Ingredients:

6 ounces shell pasta (you can use gluten free shells in this recipe)
6 pieces of broccoli
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup Parmesan
dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon soft margarine


Cook pasta following directions on box or bag.
In the last two minutes of cooking, add the broccoli to the pasta.
Drain


Return pasta and broccoli to saucepan and add margarine.
Mix margarine until it is blended in, well.


Add the pine nuts.  These are the secret ingredient.  These do not crunch like most other nuts.  They are a bit softer and the bite adds a nice texture, soft and not disturbing.  (Remember, I was not feeling well.  I was looking for comfort.)



Add cayenne pepper, garlic and Parmesan cheese.  Blend it in.




Scoop a generous serving into a bowl and eat.  Enjoy each bite.
I have submitted this to Presto Pasta Nights, led by buddy to all, Ruth from Once Upon a Feast  and hosted by Daphne from More Than Words.  Thank you both for making all the fun and good food possible.

Ingredient Spotlight - Broccoli

10 comments:

  1. I love how easy this is to make! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure was looking at this picture on Meatless monday and here u r with the easy peasy recipe,love this one babes...so so muc...
    And do take care and hope n pray for u to get well sooonnnnnnnnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon Chaya. Bronchitis is no fun. I used to get it every winter when I was still smoking. That dish looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like good comfort cheesy food to get better right? =) I think pinenuts is like a hidden secret- they are sooo good and makes everything tastes better (kindda like chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you're feeling better and taking it easy after all that Passover cooking.

    At least we all got to share in your "bowl of goodness" at Presto Pasta Night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I just found your blog from Tasty Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of our favorite pastas. My son made me write this on a recipe card for his first grade teacher, he wanted to share his favorite meal with her.
    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Broccoli, garlic, and pasta is a great combination. Thanks again for participating in Gluten-Free Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my dear, I hope you are feeling better! This soup does look restorative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does look like a bowl full of goodness. Comforting and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.