Friday, April 2, 2010

Apple Kugel for Passover and Throughout the Year

I have made apple kugels for years both on Passover and during the year,  Each time, I make changes to it.  One of my guests does not like cinnamon, so I made two pans of kugel, one pretty plain and the other with a streusel topping using sugar, cinnamon and nuts.  There is also a photo of a third apple kugel, previously made.  Enjoy.
Ingredients:

6 apples
8 eggs
1/2 cup potato starch
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces oil

1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar

Method:

Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
Grease either one 9 x 13 inch baking pan or two 8 inch baking pans.
Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
Slice apples,  If you want them thicker, slice by hand.

Mix apples and batter.  Add vanilla, oil and potato starch and sugar.  Mix well but gently.

In case you did not grease the pan, now is your second chance.

Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over batter.  The one left plain is for our guest.
Below is cinnamon and sugar.






The one below is from a different recipe, my daughter made. I don't have the recipe, at hand, but it was delicious too.
I have linked this up to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays where dear Amy is sharing so much in terms of information and wonderful recipes.
Stop by and see Jerri at Simply Sweet Home.  Jerri was my mentor when I first started blogging although, she probably does not know it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chaya,
    Just stopping by to check out all your goodies for passover. Other than stopping by OKK daily I've been on a blogging break. I wanted to stop in to wish you a blessed passover. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to try this! It looks and sounds delicious! Love it, especially with lots of cinnamon! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fine dish ready for the family...

    have a blessed season

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fabulous! Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this Kugel sure does rock and sounds super too ...i love all ur goodies at Passover buddy.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks great. Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! And thanks for your kind words! I'm so glad I can help out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like it would amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.