Sunday, March 21, 2010

Zucchini - Carrot Kind of Muffins

I have the habit of turning most dishes that call for frying into muffins except for potato latkes and the likes.  It makes perfect sense, when I brought home a few zucchini that my eye would be attracted to zucchini cakes.  Granted, the final results has no connection with that recipe, but it did inspire me to make more vegetable muffins.

Zucchini - Carrot Kind of Muffins

 Ingredients:

2 medium zucchini, chopped fine

2 carrots, chopped fine

1/2 cup  white onion, chopped fine

1 Egg Beater
1  teaspoons dried Italian seasoning

salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon oil

1/4 teaspoon sugar

2 tablespoons rice flour (any flour)

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Using food processor, chop the vegetables.  (I used the attachment to my immersion blender)

Place all ingredients in bowl and combine.


Scoop this into muffin tins.  (I think I should have used minis instead of the regular size,  They would have held together better.)

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

I should have added one potato to the batter.  The muffins did not have enough body and were droopy muffins.  Despite this, they tasted really delicious.

You could also make veggie pancakes out of them.

The recipe, I did not make, but inspired me and I am sure, is delicious can be found here.




I shared this on Homemaker Mondays and Mouthwatering Mondays and Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays.

This has been submitted in Gluten Free Wednesdays for their muffin collection.

11 comments:

  1. Chaya,

    The bottom line is...does it taste good? Then all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i made something similar to this using eggplants and i didn't know how to name them... naming them muffins or cakes is such a bright idea... love it, now i will call mine eggplant cakes (maybe my next post) thanks for the inspiration Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of savoury muffins too ,i did make mac n cheese like these but havent posted about them :-)))))0
    Love these ,this recipe sounds super, i actually thought u added sour cream when i looked at the picture first ,these are so so healthy and elicious.....u have a topper here sweety dear.....and have to thank u loads for the link to color festival too....its fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous savory idea for carrots and zucchini! I love that you didn't fry them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks and sounds delicious! Very colorful also! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting..and looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm savory muffins would hit the spot right now. i bet they'd be really great with some cheddar cheese on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make these into muffins...thinking of all the calories I am going to save from not frying them....this recipe is going into the "to make" file! Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has never occurred to me to bake something like this. I will have to remember that. It would mean a lot of time saved when you are making a bunch! (Which I do often0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just pile these beauties onto a plate and slide it on over here. I am enamored with these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! So many things can be cooked in muffin form.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.