Thursday, April 5, 2012

Potato Kugelettes for Passover

 

Last year, I made this "muffin" and I found the recipe in an older post.  I am copying it upfront so you have a better chance of discovering it.  I am not sure, if I will have time to make this, or not, but it is in the overburdened plan.  Trust me, there is no way I could make everything on my list.  Right now, I am going to make coated (with nuts and a secret ingredient) chicken cutlets and blondies with chocolate chips.  My youngest came home, last night, to make them for us and then took half of them, this morning with her (She had my permission.)  I have eggs boiling for mock chopped liver.  Last minute, tomorrow, I make the items for the seder table and the simple vegetable dishes.  If hubby brings home cranberries, I will stuff acorn squash with a cranberry mixture. 

Potato Kugelettes

Ingredients:

1 onion
2 potatoes
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons potato starch
1 tablespoon oil
paprika
spray cooking oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease 6 cups of muffin tin.
Chop onion fine.  You can use a food processor but I find they get mushy.
Shred potatoes and combine with onions. The potatoes, I do shred in food processor.
Add eggs and dry ingredients.
Mix well.
Fill muffin tins almost to top.
Top with paprika and spray with cooking oil.
Bake 400 degree for 20 minutes.



12 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea, Chaya! We're so used to seeing the latkes in pancake form. And the muffins look delicious. What's not to like? I'll definitely try these.
    Oops about your food processor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new Friday Follower! Visit me at www.rockindeals4you.com and sign up for my first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Kugelettes is basically the most fun word ever. I'm going to run around the house saying it for a good many more hours!

    Second of all, these look delicious. i'm so enamored with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What tasty looking kugelettes Chaya! I like the name. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very unique recipe, I liked it.

    I nominated you for an award: http://donamasita.blogspot.com/2010/03/12-sunshines-sunshine-blogger-award.html

    Hugs,

    Doña Masita

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delicious Chaya....love ur potato crrations:-)))I love the muffin goodies-i did that too recently....cheers and super fantastic weekend:-))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! What a great idea! I will definitely have to try these. They are making my mouth water and I wish I had one right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful recipe from my dear Chaya! Well done! Btw, I have an award for you dear. Please feel free to stop by to collect it. Thanks!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out good! I want one right now! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. indeed a great potato latka muffin... But what is potato starch? can i use corn starch?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever indeed. One of the annoying things about making potato pancakes is that you have to roll the grated potatoes in a towel to drain them well. I guess the excess potato liquid is perfect for the "muffins."

    Please stop by my blog to enter my giveaway -- prizes worth about $40 each, and you can enter once per day till March 31 to increase your changes of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chaya,
    These little kugelettes would be so easy to pack for a take along Passover lunch. What a great idea! Happy Chag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.